BO$$

I got dressed this morning for work with two purposes in my mind. Purpose number one, slay the entire office as I usually attempt to do and purpose number two, impress the publisher and assistant publisher from Pebbles Publishing.

My hair is pulled back into a bun and my makeup is light on the eyes but heavy on the lips with a vivacious red. The neckline of my vibrant red dress is somewhat of a v-neck that's just low enough to catch your attention but high enough to be modest. With cap sleeves and body hugging fabric, I feel sexy and sophisticated, especially with my navy blue blazer and heels to match. Instead of being too matchy-matchy I carry a nude bag full of everything I'll need for work and the meeting at Pebbles during lunch.

"Oh would you look who it is," Damien sings sliding into my office with Amita in tow.

I roll my eyes with a laugh in my throat. He and Amita have been giving me so much shįt since everyone found out about Harry and I knowing each other. They flipped even more when I told them I was staying with him until my condo gets fixed.

"Who would you expect it to be other than me in my office Damien?" I ask, shutting down my computer with the full knowledge that I won't be getting any more work done before we leave for lunch.

He stops in his tracks as if thinking it over. Amita however needs no time to think before quipping, "We assumed it'd be you and boyfriend number one, Berkley. Or is he boyfriend number two now that you've got Harry freaking Styles on the roster?"

I openly roll my eyes at the both of them before rushing to the door to close it behind them. Damien is in my chair by the time I turn around and Amita is sitting on the front of my desk playing with the Newton's Cradle my parents sent me making me groan.

Grabbing the desk accessory from in front of Amita I fan my hand at Damien for him to move while griping, "First of all, Harry is not on my roster, we're just friends. Secondly, Berkley is not my boyfriend. And third, don't you dāmn renegades have anything better to do than bug me?"

They move to share Berkley's normal seat on the edge of my desk whispering conspiratorially.

"See how she talked about Harry first," Damien whispers loudly to Amita, nudging her.

She nods dramatically, "Mhm. She's showing her true colors, especially the red on her cheeks, she's getting downright embarrassed."

I feel my face heat even more unaware that my blush could be noticed. "Out," I demand standing to my feet, "Both of you, get your tan asses out of my office."

"What are you gonna do? Report us to boyfriend number two?" Amita teases, walking towards the door with Damien laughing.

I'm trying with everything not to laugh but I fail. "I really hate yall you know that right? Get out."

Damien tapers off his laugh enough to interject before they leave, "Wait, we came to ask if you were having lunch with us? We're going to Chipotle."

My stomach growls at the thought of a burrito. "I thought the lines were too long for a regular day."

He grins then, that sneaky grin he saves for occasions when he's up to no good, "I know a guy."

I laugh shaking my head. "Does your fiancé happen to know this guy too?"

He rolls his eyes theatrically. "Anyways," he hisses the 's' like an annoyed snake, "are you coming or not boyfriend juggler?"

"I think I hate you the most," I reply, making him laugh, "But no, I can't come. I told you guys I have that meeting with Pebbles Publishing today."