Outlaws

I'm starting to take my parents' fears about the sacrificial virgin thing a little more seriously. As I close the door to my car I realize it's the day before Halloween. We'll be up in the mountains with next to no cell reception tonight and Halloween night. November first will be a happy sight to see for me, I've never gone longer than a few hours without using my phone. I'm going to try and make the most out of the next few hours as tech-less as they may be. It'll be fun to get some time with the lads, we haven't hung out together in a while so I'm pretty excited to see them and meet their girlfriends. Amita and Damien however are convinced this is going to be the trip that makes or breaks Harry and I's relationship. No matter how hard I try and tell them there's no relationship to be had they aren't trying to hear me.

"Watching the sunset together alone on a mountain," Damien had gushed earlier this morning as I packed my bag and talked to Amita and him on three-way, "It's so romantic."

I rolled my eyes before informing him that it's a Halloween trip so technically it's more creepy than romantic and that we wouldn't be alone. All of the boys and their girls would be there as well, not to mention Niall would be solo since his last resort date cancelled at the last minute.

Amita took that as her chance to cut in chirping knowingly, "It's practically a couple's trip Bailey. He's probably just testing the waters to see if you're interested. You know these celebrity types hate rejection, if you give him the sign he'll go for it. Trust me."

Her words echo in my ears as I arrive at Harry's door. Slinging my backpack over my shoulder I turn the nob to enter the house like I usually do.

As I walk in I start to yell a greeting but my words backpedal into my mouth as I take in the scowling face in front of me. Blonde tresses are piled high on her head in a sexy yet sloppy style, her otherworldly green eyes glare at me, full pink lips in a near snarl. I want to speak but the color of her eyes is so unusual they have me captivated.

"I said, who are you and what's your business here? Say something before I call security," she demands, a thin hand on her equally boney hip.

I gather my wits and mirror her stance before responding, "I'm here to see Harry. We're going away together for a couple of days. My name's Bailey Duncan." I know exactly why I made our trip seem like more than it is but I refuse to acknowledge it. Instead I take in her expression and the way it changes slightly at the mention of my name.

She scoffs lightly before turning away from me, the skirt of her olive skater dress flitting in the wind. I watch her disappear and reappear shortly after with Harry in tow, a huge smile on his face.

"I've talked about Bailey a million times Hannah," Harry says with a laugh, clearly responding to a previous statement she made, "How are you B?"

With his full attention directed at me I milk it for all it's worth smiling at him sweetly as he approaches and wraps me in one of those award winning hugs. "Way better now," I say just loud enough for eavesdropping ears to hear.

The dimple bearing gaze I'm greeted with when he releases me nearly stops my heart but I beg it to keep on trucking. "I'm glad to hear it," he smirks then throws a hand in the air absentmindedly, "I'm such an idiot I should introduce you two. Hannah Forthright this is Bailey Duncan, Bailey this is Hannah my assistant."

Suddenly I like this Hannah girl a lot better even if she is still giving me a dirty look. As long as she keeps things cordial I can too because as quiet as it's kept these hands stay up to date.

"Hi," she chimes, faking a smile that I return as I nod in response.

Harry looks back and forth between us as he takes in our staring contest each of us just waiting for the other to make a wrong move. I don't know where her hostility comes from but I know exactly where mine does even if that place scares me half to death.