Chapter 4

Everyone was already in the mess hall and the dinner was almost over. Prapai, who was sitting with the other officials, except for Payu who was still in his room, pecked his lips with a napkin and stood up, he took out a small sheet from a pocket of his uniform and started saying some names.

"All the recruits who have just been called, please stand up" Pai said, then, after all the guys did what he ordered, he continued: "You dared to question a direct order from an official. You were supposed to put your phones in a box but apparently you aren't even able to fulfill such an order. Very good. You will have to serve for the night shift, you'll control that nobody enters or leaves the camp. You have one hour to give us your belongings since you don't need this kind of distraction during training"

They all sat down and looked at each other, commenting the sudden order and complaining about the humiliation. Then Pai, who didn't sit down like the others, walked to Rain's table and stopped right behind him.

"Have you finished eating?" Pai asked.

"Y... yes..." Rain replied hesitantly.

"It is Sir, yes sir"

"Sir, yes sir..."

"Good, then follow me"

"Where?" Rain asked, making Sky facepalm.

"You aren't here to pose questions, Rain, just do as I told you and you won't regret it" Pai replied and started walking to the kitchen. Rain silently followed him there. The lieutenant picked a tray that was on the counter, he looked at the tiny piece of paper with Payu's name on it and handed the tray to Rain.

"Hold this and follow"

Rain nodded and continued walking behind the official, wondering what was going on. Pai stopped right in front of Payu's room. He turned to Rain too rapidly and made the boy tremble, so much that the bottle of water was about to fall from the tray, but Pai managed to catch it in time.

"Don't mess up, clear? Remember, no comments, no questions, just do what people order and you'll be fine. Clear?"

"Sir, yes sir" Rain responded.

Pai knocked on the door and entered first, he kept the door closed for a few second and said something to Payu, which Rain didn't understand though, then he opened the door again and pointed at the table where Rain was supposed to leave the tray.

Rain looked down until he put the tray on the table, then as he turned he finally saw Payu, he remained startled for a second, then he said: "Y.. your dinner, sir" and turned to leave. Pai stopped the young guy by putting his hand on his chest.

"Where do you think you're going? Do you think that I couldn't take a tray by myself? Help him, come on, don't make that face, he won't eat you!" Pai said as he shut the door. 

Red Card Black Card (Love in the air/KinnPorsche crossover AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara