Chapter 12

The car stopped in front of the minor family's mansion. Venice took a deep breath before getting off the car, he surely didn't want to look worried in front of his parents, he knew that he couldn't forgive himself for ruining the few moments he could spend with them. Pete ran to the car and hugged his son as soon as he stepped out of the car, while Vegas followed him with a smile that he didn't bother hiding anymore.

"I missed you so much. Come on, let's get inside, I want to know everything . I'm already preparing all your favorite dishes, I know that you don't eat that well in the army" Pete said.

Vegas chuckled a little, he was fully aware that his husband would have killed him if he dared to refer to him as a caring mother rather than a father, but the stereotype worked perfectly in the kitchen, considering that Vegas could hardly cook an egg without causing food poisoning to the whole family.

Soon after that, the main family arrived and greeted everyone, it was true, the time of fights over control in the family was finally over, probably because Pete and Porsche could easily keep their husbands at bay and make sure that nobody crossed the line.

Payu went to the garden alone, Pai obviously saw him and rushed to join him. When they were in the car he agreed to let him be but it was getting a little too weird and he was too curious to know why Payu was acting like that.

"So, are you going to tell me what's wrong? Don't tell me that you're still thinking about that kid! I know that paying a doctor to let you out of the camp is wrong but..." Pai started.

"That is not the problem... I have... kissed him"

"You what?"

"Yeah..." Payu added.

"Shit, I guess that he didn't like it. Are you sure that your breath didn't stink? Maybe that was the problem"

"You aren't helping Pai!"

"Yeah sorry, I just wanted to calm you down a little. So, you kissed him and the next day he left the camp, this is pretty interesting. Well, I guess that you should be more careful next time. The high rank officers won't even believe a fresh recruit but if it happens more than once..." Pai replied.

"What kind of monster do you think I am? I don't go around kissing random people... I was feverish and I thought that I was just dreaming... but I guess that it sounds just like a weak excuse, right?"

Pai chuckled for a moment, then he patted his cousin's shoulder and said:

"You're right, if you tell that to someone who doesn't know you well enough, they will believe that you're just making up excuses. However, I know you and I believe you. I'm pretty sure that Rain won't accept to see you that easily and listen to your justification, so we have to find another way"

"Another way?" Payu stopped walking and turned to him.

"Yes, another way. Do you remember that he's always around Sky, right? Well, I'm sure that it will be hard to convince him considering his past, but if you manage to show your sincere feelings to Sky, he will help you with Rain. That guy is a little rude sometimes but he isn't bad."