Chapter 10

The doctor was visiting Rain, he gave him some dry clothes and some medicines. He checked that everything was alright and prepared to send him back to his dorm to rest. The old man let a nurse enter, she whispered something in his ear and the doctor nodded and told her to leave, then he looked back at Rain and said:

"You're good to go. Stay in your dorm until tomorrow, you'll be as good as new tomorrow, don't worry. I have another patient to visit now. Take care of yourself" The doctor said and left the room, leaving Rain alone.

The young recruit walked out of the office, he looked around and noticed that the benches in the corridor were empty. It was weird, he clearly remembered that Payu decided to stay out of the office and he saw him sitting on one of the benches. He could also see that there were still some water on that wooden surface.

Rain saw the same nurse walk down the hallway, he stopped her and asked:

"Excuse me, have you seen the lieutenant around?"

"Do you mean the one that took you here?" the nurse asked.

"Yes, exactly, where is he? Did he go back to his quarters?" Rain added.

"No, we found him on the floor and took him to the room next to the doctor's office." the nurse responded and left.

Rain was surprised. He made sure that nobody was around and silently opened the door of the room where Payu was supposed to be. He walked to the bed and noticed that he got feverish again. He touched his hand and murmured:

"I'm sorry... you were right... I shouldn't have participated, I only managed to put you in danger..."

Payu opened his eyes. He didn't realize that he was already awake, he thought that it was just one of those realistic dreams caused by the fever. He saw Rain and couldn't help but raise his head closer to him, he put his hand on the back of Rain's head and pulled him closer to him, until he was close enough to kiss him.

Payu kissed him. It was just a fantasy right? What was the matter? He could kiss his crush with such ease in that dream, even if it almost felt real.

"I love you Rain..." he whispered.

Rain pushed him away and stood up shocked.

"P' Payu!"

Payu finally realized that it was the reality, it wasn't just inside his head. He tried to reach for Rain's hand to keep him there and let him apologize but the young recruit ran away.

Sky saw Rain entering the dorm shocked and almost in tears. He asked him what happened and Rain responded:

"I can't believe it! I can't believe that he did it! He's just like everyone else with a little power, they think they can do whatever they want!"

"Rain, calm down and tell me what happened..."

"He kissed me! He kissed me, Sky, do you understand it now!?"