Chapter 19

Sky remained in Pai's office for a few more minutes, at first they hugged tightly, opening their hearts for each other. Then Sky asked his lover to explain all the details about Payu's plan, so that he could speak clearly to Rain and answer to all of his questions before it could be too late.

Sky's task wasn't that hard. As soon as he managed to explain to Rain that ignoring Payu was hurting him more than meeting him, Rain realized that he had to do something immediately. He was ready to do whatever was necessary to help the man he loved and decided to go to the commander first. He reached the middle aged man's office and knocked until an assistant opened the door.

"Oh, you... what brings you here?" the commander asked with a clearly fake smile.

"Sir, I want to clarify what happened in the camp. I swear, as a loyal citizen, that it was only my fault and that I'm ready to face the consequences of my actions. Sir... I beg of you though, to forgive lt. Theerapanyakul for what happened because it was only my fault... please sir" Rain said trying to sound as confident yet as sincere as possible.

"I'm glad that you came to me to explain the situation, however I won't accept the fake excuses of a recruit who was pressured to apologize by an officer who doesn't understand how to behave." The commander replied.

"Wh... what? Sir! I swear, he didn't force me to do so! Please, you have to believe me!"

"All these attempts are just pathetic, recruit, go back to your dorm" the commander shouted, forcing Rain out of his office.

Rain ran to Payu's office and sank to the floor. He hid his face in his hands and cried. Payu asked him what happened and he just repeated the words of the commander. Hearing those noises, Pai went to them as well and managed to listen to what Rain was saying.

While Payu was hugging Rain, who was still on the floor, a sergeant arrived with the new orders of the commander. Payu looked up at him and listened to the letter that stated that he was forced to leave the camp as soon as possible, even though it was just temporary.

A few hours later, a car stopped in front of the camp to take Venice home. Venice got into the car with a faint smile, knowing that even if he was probably going to lose his rank, at least he still had the love of Rain to warm his heart. Rain wasn't as happy, feeling as the only responsible for his downfall. Even if Sky tried to hide it, he felt even guiltier than Rain himself, no matter how hard Pai tried to convince him that he only did it for his friend.

Pete hugged Venice tight as he arrived. Then he said:

"Pai has told us what happened at the phone. We are so sorry... but we are sure that we will manage to solve everything"

"Dad, Pa... would you believe me if I tell you that I don't care? You gave up on your position as head bodyguard for your husband... I am glad to do the same thing for Rain" Venice responded and then went to his room.

Pete and Vegas went to the living room, at first they were silent but then Vegas started:

"I'm not going to accept it"

"You heard him, there isn't much we can do to change his mind, Vegas" Pete replied.

"It is completely different and I'm sure thatyou understand it too. You gave up on your job voluntarily, our son, on theother hand, has lost it because of that guy's irresponsible actions! He managedto hurt him once and I'm sure that he will do it again, maybe not intentionallybut does it matter?"