Chapter 16

Rain looked up at Payu, his heart was beating faster than ever. No matter how hard he wanted to believe the man who seemed to be his soulmate, a part of Rain still believed that the officer considered him nothing more than a delightful toy. He hesitated and eventually managed to say the words suggested by his friend:

"If you really love me, then confess it in the courtyard of the camp"

The rush of emotions was so strong that Rain couldn't handle it anymore and ran away from the office before the lieutenant could even respond to that. He found shelter in his dorm, he hugged his friend Sky and buried his face in his chest while crying.

While Sky talked to his friend, slowly realizing what really happened in the office in those few minutes, Pai looked at his cousin, waiting for him to say something. He saw Payu walk to the window, then turn back to him and say:

"I will do it"

"You can't be serious, Payu! Do you even imagine what will happen if the captain or the colonel discover this! I'm not going to stay here and watch you fuck up your career!" Pai shouted.

"You heard him, it is the only way" Payu responded.

"Fuck it! Those weren't his words either! I'm sure that someone suggested to say that! You've seen the way he looks at you. That isn't fear, that's love for god's sake! Payu, really... don't do that" Pai added but there was no way to change his cousin's mind, he was already on his way to the courtyard.

"Oh shit..." Sky murmured. Rain looked at his friend and asked what he was referring to, and Sky responded that he just saw Payu in the courtyard from one of the windows of the dorm. He pushed Rain away and he told him to hurry up:

"Move! Shit... I didn't think he was going to do that for real, hurry up!"

Rain ran outside and reached Payu, who knelt down.

"Stand up, please, I don't want this..." Rain repeated.

"You asked me to do this, I have to..."

"No, please.... Stand up" Rain repeated again and started crying. Suddenly he heard someone else screaming. He hoped it was Pai trying to kick some common sense back into the head of his cousin, however, he quickly realized that it was a different voice.

"Lieutenant Theerapanyakul Saengtham! What is this! I want an answer!" the colonel of the camp shouted.

"Sir, I can explain, it is just a misunderstanding..." Pai started.

"I want you to report in my office in five minutes, clear!?"