Chapter 14

The following day, their plan was already in action. After reaching the camp, Pai went to his office and asked his assistant to call Sky. The sergeant asked him what he had to say in case Sky made questions about such a convocation, but Prapai responded with a decently intimidating tone, saying that:

"Tell him that he wasn't drafted to make questions, but to execute orders. Now go"

As soon as the sergeant left, Payu entered Pai's office. Pai remained sitting behind the desk, while Payu went standing near the window, looking outside as the sergeant walked to the dorms to call Sky and take him to the officers' building.

He noticed that the sergeant managed to get out of the dorm quite quickly, so Sky probably didn't ask much about that call, however Payu also noticed that the young recruit didn't look calm at all, it was almost as he was fuming.

The sergeant knocked on the door, Pai told him to let Sky in and right after that the young recruit entered the office, he saluted the two officers and remained standing.

"Sky, I've called you because I would like you to spend a few minutes talking with my colleague." Pai said.

"But..." Sky murmured.

"I fear that you have a wrong idea of the lieutenant, however, since I imagine that this idea of him may... make you uncomfortable to stay in a room with just the two of you, I will stay here the whole time. You trust me, don't you, Sky?" Pai added.

Sky didn't say anything and nodded.

"Lieutenant, I suppose that you would like to start talking first" Pai said referring to his cousin.

Payu turned to Sky, he walked closer to him and then he sat down on the sofa, he patted the spot next to him and as he noticed that Sky wasn't going to sit with him, he said:

"Sky, I want to talk to you as a normal person, not as an officer... I imagine that Rain told you what happened, am I right?"

"Yes, sir. He told me that you kissed him without his consent. He didn't add much more to that, if this is what you want to ask me" Sky replied with a neutral tone, slowly shifting to an irritated one.

"I see... I know that he's a friend of yours and since I fear that Rain won't like talking with me about it, I thought that I could tell you something..." Payu started.

"Sir, I fear that there isn't much to say... sir" Sky replied.

"You're right. Sky, what I did was wrong, and I'm totally aware of that. I swear that what happened wasn't intentional, I was feverish and I thought it was just a dream but..."

"tsk..."

"I understand your reaction, I know that it sounds like a stupid excuse and that it is way too easy to say sorry after doing something wrong. That's why I want you to tell Rain this: you have to stay here for two years, and I don't want to make it worse for him, seeing all day the person who hurt him like that, so I will be ready to move away... even if that will cost me my own rank. Do you think you can tell him that?"

Sky didn't want to admit it, but he felt a little touched by that statement. He knew that Rain asked for those two days away just to avoid Payu, not because he was actually sick, so Sky added: "You'll tell him yourself, he will come back to the camp tomorrow"