Chapter One: All Eyes

It was a normal Wednesday evening in the bullpen at NCIS headquarters. The members of Team Gibbs—Special Agents Timothy McGee, Anthony DiNozzo, and Ziva David—were messing around when: "TONY!"

The angry shout came from Ziva, who had been looking at Tony's desktop. Exchanging a deer-caught-in-headlights look with famous author Thom E. Gemcity, Agent DiNozzo cautiously made his way over to the furious Israeli-American. "Yes?"

She pointed to the screen. "I thought I told you to burn those!" Ziva glared accusingly at her partner. On the screen were his pictures of her relaxing from when they were in L.A., years ago.

Hey hot shot boy

Hand on your hip

You're wasting your time

Giving me lip

When you look at me

It melts my legs—and wraps me around your fingertip

"I thought I did," Tony defended himself, planting his hand on his hip.

"Don't waste your time giving me lip," Ziva hissed through gritted teeth.

Tony only looked at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Despite herself, Ziva's legs felt like Jell-O. Her anger faded, but not completely.

You don't have to say a word

To get a hold of me

Take me . . . shake me

Burning gravity baby

Look at me

Look at me

Almost immediately, Tony dropped his gaze and focused on McGee. "McGoogle!"

"Huh?" Tim's head shot up, panic flaring slightly in his eyes. As he looked at Ziva's face, comprehension dawned on him. "Ziva, no, I swear I deleted them," he stammered.

The former Mossad liaison officer didn't entirely believe him. "Admit it, and I will spare you one of your hands," she snarled, holding up an index finger for emphasis.

"Well . . . uh . . . it must have transferred to Tony's computer," the computer geek stammered, perspiration forming on his forehead.

DiNozzo shot an amused warning look at Ziva. Even though she was focused on McGeek, she could feel his gaze boring into her. He didn't have to say a word to grab her attention anymore. Actually, Ziva reflected, he never did from when they first met. Heat flooded through her as she let her thoughts wander over to her partner. Take me, she found herself thinking, shake me. Burning gravity, baby, look at me.

You're all eyes—all eyes

Touching me in the night

You're all eyes—and those eyes

Are tearing me up inside

By now, it was completely dark outside. Leroy Jethro Gibbs suddenly appeared. "Everyone, it's late. Go home. Get some rest."

Ziva, Tony, and Tim sighed and rose from their desks. As she headed toward the elevator, Ziva could feel Tony's eyes trained on her, almost touching her skin. Conflicting emotions churned in her as the elevator started heading down.

We go walking you and I

If some woman turns your eye

I pull you back in my direction

To keep you by my side

Outside in the parking lot, Tony pulled Ziva aside before they reached her car.

"What do you want, Tony," she asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I was just thinking we could walk around for a bit," he explained. "It's nice out."

Ziva didn't reply immediately; she was contemplating her options. "Sure," she finally decided.

Smiling broadly, Tony took her arm and led her out of the Yard.

They had been walking for at least ten minutes when some woman caught Tony's eye. The senior field agent started to turn to get a better look, but Ziva lightly touched his arm, pulling him back in her direction.

"Tony, remember that I could easily kill you if I wanted."

"Yes, Probie-Wan-Kenobi," he said, chastised.

You don't have to go nowhere

To get where you should be

You don't have to look around

Just you look at me—look at me—look at me

He started forward again. Ziva, after a brief hesitation, easily caught up with him. Just look at me, she found herself begging silently.

You're all eyes—all eyes

Touching me in the night

You're all eyes—and those eyes

Are tearing me up inside

Finally, he turned his eyes on her. Even though it was a warm night, Ziva could feel the heat of his gaze caressing her bare skin. She wanted to melt into him, yet at the same time she wanted to run. Amazing how his eyes could do all that to her, she mused.

You're all eyes—all eyes

Touching me in the night

You're all eyes—and those eyes

Are tearing me up inside

You're all eyes—all eyes

Touching me in the night

You're all eyes—and those eyes

Are tearing me up inside

Some twenty minutes later, the two NCIS agents were back in the parking lot. Ziva's conflicted emotions had settled somewhat by then, and she felt immensely relieved as she climbed in her car and pulled out. However, she still couldn't shake the feeling of Tony's emerald-colored gaze roaming over her body. Shivering slightly, she glanced in the side mirror and discovered Tony watching her. Soon he became a tiny figure in the distance as she turned and headed home.

You're all eyes—all eyes

Touching me in the night

You're all eyes—and those eyes

Are tearing me up inside