Chapter Five: Call of the Wild

After midnight

I call you

Even though I know better

I just got to

The moon is full

My heart is hot

And you know what I'm longing to do

With this aching I got

Silver moonlight filtered through the window and lit up a restless figure tossing and turning in its sheets. Finally, Ziva David snapped awake and focused on her alarm clock. The glowing green numbers read: 12:01 A.M. Even though she shouldn't, and against her better judgment, Ziva reached for her cell phone on the nightstand and dialed his number. Outside her window, clouds obscured the light of the full moon. Her heart felt hot with anticipation.

"DiNozzo," came the voice on the other end of the line, thick and heavy with sleep.

"Shalom, Tony," Ziva replied.

"Ziva, why are you calling me in the middle of the night?"

"I, uh"—she fidgeted. Come to think of it, why was she calling him after midnight?—"I . . . Oh, forget it. Tony, I think you know why."

"Would you speak English?"

"I am!" Ziva snapped. She sighed and ordered, "Just get over here ASAP!"

"Okay! Geez, I'm on my way, Zi," Tony told her before hanging up. Ziva smiled and did the same.

Thirty minutes later, Tony had arrived and let himself in. Just seeing him strengthened the ache in her chest. Tony carefully made his way over to her and stood within hugging distance of his crazy ninja. "What do you want, Ziva?"

By now it was as if she had no control over her body. She sidled up against him and whispered, "You know what I'm longing to do with this aching I got." Her head tilted seductively as she searched his face for an answer.

The call of the wild

Oh baby can't you hear me calling

Oooh . . .

The call of the wild

Call of the wild

Ziva felt whatever she'd been feeling for him grow stronger, almost as if it was calling to him. It was primal, terrifying her with how strong it was. Can't you hear me? her heart cried silently.

Shut up, she told it.

How can you ask me

Why I'm pushing pushing

When you know damn well

What you do

What you do to a woman

I get so inspired

Lying so close

It's the flash and the flame and the fever

I need the most

Her partner suddenly looked nervous and inched around her, backing up so he put more space between them. "Ziva, why are you pushing it?"

Sudden disdain flared in her chocolate-brown eyes. Ziva exploded, "How can you ask me that when you know what you do to me?"

His green eyes lit up with wicked amusement as he caught her meaning, yet he made no move to come closer. Ziva solved that problem by moving into her room, coaxing Tony to follow her. The Israeli's need for him consumed her as he came up behind her.

A sudden idea forming in her mind, she swiftly kicked Tony's legs out from under him and let his momentum send them crashing down on to the mattress. The ex-Mossad officer's body filled with the delicious reality of him close to her. It was the flash and the flame and the fever she needed the most.

The call of the wild

Oh baby can't you hear me calling

Oooh . . .

The call of the wild

If I could chain you to me

I'd do it in a minute

My magic caravan

Baby you'd be in it

I'm hiding the prize and you're gonna win it

You're gonna win it now

The call of the wild

Oh baby can't you hear me calling, calling

Oooh

The call of the wild

Oooh

The call of the wild

Oooh

Oh baby

Listen to me howling

The call of the wild

Yeah

Oooh

Yeah