Chapter Thirty-Two: RSVP

I got an invitation for you

A little temptation for you

A night in your honor

A secret rendezvous

Ziva David sighed and closed her eyes as she rested her head on the arm of the couch. Earlier she'd sneaked an invitation to Tony, knowing he couldn't resist. She had a little temptation planned for him, a night in his honor, per say. Others might call it a secret rendezvous.

I can almost see your face at my door

I don't want to have to wait anymore

I know my offer might be long overdue

The probie could almost see his face at her door. She didn't want to have to wait anymore. Ziva knew her offer might be long overdue.

RSVP

It's a private affair

I just won't believe that you don't care

RSVP

Only you and me

I'll be waiting till you answer me

After all, it was a . . . private . . . affair. Ziva just wouldn't believe that Tony didn't care. She could tell he did by the look in his eyes—and of course the fact that they were always flirting with each other. It would be just the two of them, and she would be waiting till he answered her.

Please don't hesitate I'm waiting for you

You can't have nothing more important to do

Deep in the nighttime

Hear me talk to you

The door to her apartment swung open after she answered whoever knocked. To her great disappointment, it wasn't DiNozzo.

"Hello, ma'am, would you like to buy—"

She abruptly punched him in the gut and slammed the door in his face. Ziva turned back to the couch and muttered, "I hate being called ma'am."

For about the millionth time that night, her thoughts turned to her partner. Please don't hesitate, she thought. I'm waiting for you. After all, it wasn't like he had anything more important to do.

When her cell phone rang, Ziva wasn't at all surprised to see it was Tony. "Yes?"

"Hey, Ziva. I'm sorry, but—"

"You can't have nothing more important to do," she protested. Deep in the nighttime, hear me talk to you.

He sighed. "I'll try to be there ASAP, okay?"

"Fine by me," Ziva replied before the call was disconnected. An idiotic smile twitched at her lips. Abby would love hearing about this, but knowing her, she would find out sometime. It was a private affair, and no one could keep a secret around Gibbs for long.

RSVP

It's a private affair

I just won't believe that you don't care

RSVP

Only you and me

I'll be waiting till you answer me

RSVP

It's a private affair

I just won't believe that you don't care

RSVP

Only you and me

I'll be waiting till you answer me