Chapter Forty-Seven: Tall, Dark Handsome Stranger

I know I've used this song in a McAbby fic ("Devil In Disguise") but I figured it works for both McAbby and Tiva. So I decided to put the Tiva songfic in here and leave the McAbby one as a stand-alone.

Ziva David set her drink down on the bar and glanced to her left, not at all surprised to find a seedy-looking dude studying her with frank sexual suggestion in his eyes. Before he even opened his mouth, she said, "No," and walked away.

He followed her.

"I'm not interested."

The guy still wouldn't go away, so she said, "I could easily kill you with my bare hands—or perhaps one of those plastic straws over there."

That made him scurry away fast, leaving a smug Ziva behind.

I'm so tired of these men trying to impress me with nothing

The same old routine and the smooth fancy talking

Now I know and believe that I found it for real

Cause you're good and you're kind and you care how I feel

She was tired of men trying to pick her up and impress her with absolutely nada. They also kept doing the same old routine, and fancy talking didn't work on Ziva. Only one person could sweet-talk her, but he didn't seem to be around—until a hand came down on her shoulder and a familiar voice said in her ear, "Was that guy bothering you?"

Unconsciously, she relaxed under his touch. "No, Tony." She was fine now. Ziva now knew and believed that she'd found it for real. Tony DiNozzo—her partner and best friend—was good, kind, and he cared about her.

I've had a tall dark handsome stranger

I've had the devil in disguise

I've been attracted to the danger

But I was never satisfied

And I know what I like

And I like what I see in your eyes

Oh, you're so beautiful . . .

In the past, Ziva had had a tall, dark, handsome stranger—Michael Rivkin, her old Mossad partner—but he'd turned out to be devil in disguise, much like her half-brother, Ari had. The probie knew what she liked and she went for it. Besides, Ziva liked what she saw in Tony's eyes. He also had looks to die for (not that she'd ever tell him that).

I've been pushed I've been pulled

I've been put out and trod on

Just by taking my chances I finally caught on

When I see in your eyes all the love shining through

I'm glad I held out for somebody like you

She'd been pushed, pulled, put out, and trod on and hated every single minute of it. It had taken Ziva several chances to finally catch on to her feelings for Tony, and his for her.

The former Mossad officer turned around and met her partner's warm, concerned gaze. "What do you say we head out?"

"Sure, if you want," he replied, leaving her feeling all warm inside. The love shining through in his eyes made Ziva so glad she'd held out for him.

I had a tall dark handsome stranger

I've had the devil in disguise

I've been attracted to the danger

But I was never satisfied

And I know what I like

And I like what I see in your eyes

Other men she'd seen briefly had just wanted to use her, but Tony wouldn't do that. Besides, she had been attracted to the danger in Rivkin, but she'd never been satisfied.

Tony glanced over at her as they walked along the street. "Ziva, you're being kind of quiet. Is something wrong?"

His voice dragged her out of her thoughts. "Just thinking, that's all."

"Always dangerous."

She lightly punched his arm. "I knew there was something I like about you."

Heaven must have sent you I know

You're so good to me

I feel good with you

I'd be such a fool to let go

There's something about you

I can't live without you

He smiled. "Did you just say what I think you did?"

Ziva retorted, "Hey, you're the one who said you couldn't live without me." It was the same for her. There was just something about him. . . . She wasn't sure he'd been sent from heaven, exactly, but he was good to her and she felt so good with him. Ziva would be such a fool to let go.

I've had fast talking good looking men at my door

Now I'm a wiser woman than I was before

Ever since she'd had fast-talking, good-looking men at her door, Ziva was now a wiser woman than she was before. (Just not always on everything.)

I had a tall dark handsome stranger

I've had the devil in disguise

I've been attracted to the danger

But I was never never never satisfied

And I know what I like

And I like what I see in your eyes baby

I had a tall dark handsome stranger

I've had the devil in disguise

I've been attracted by the danger

But I was never never never satisfied

And I know what I like

And I like what I see in your eyes

Oh yeah

Yes yes yeah

I've had a tall dark handsome man yeah

Oooh

Yeah

Oooh-oooh-oooh