Chapter Thirty-One: Just Like Me

Abby Scuito tore her gaze away from the computer screen in front of her and stole another glance at McGee.

"Would you stop doing that, Abby?" he complained.

"Stop what?" she replied, taking a sip of Caf-Pow.

"Giving me sideways looks."

It's just like me

To say to you

Love me dear, an' I'll be true

And all I want

For you to say

Is you'll come home

With me each day

Right now would probably be the time for her to say "Love me dear an' I'll be true." It would so be like Abby. What she actually said was, "I am not giving you sideways looks, Timmy! Besides, all I want for you to say is you'll come home with me each day." Realizing too late what she'd just said, she clamped her hands over her mouth. Oops.

Timothy McGeek just started at her, dumbfounded. "Did you really just say that, Abby?"

"No, it was the little voices in your head taking," she replied sarcastically. "What d'ya think?"

Her companion's mouth just gapped like a goldfish's. The Goth shrugged and let her mind wander.

You could be my love

That's what I want

Just you, secure

And safe from harm

It's just like me

To feel so good

And fall so much

In love with you

It's just like me

It's just like me

I'm not your fool

That's what I'll be

It's just like you

To say goodbye

And leave me all alone, I cry

Tim could be her love. That was what Abby wanted, after all: just him, secure and safe from harm. It was just like her to feel so good and fall so much in love with the Elf Lord.

Yet at the same time, she wasn't his fool, but that's what she would be if it meant holding on to McGee.

It was just like Elf Lord to say goodbye and leave Abby all alone to cry.

It's just like me

To say to you

Love me dear an' I'll be true

And all I want

For you to say

Is you'll come home

With me each day

"What d'ya got?" Gibbs suddenly asked, coming up from behind and handing his favorite forensic scientist a fresh Caf-Pow.

"We got nothing," Abby replied glumly.

"I don't like the sound of that."

"Oh." She said all excited, "We got nothing!"

"See ya," the team leader grouched, exiting Labby. That left Abby alone with McGee—again.

"Love me dear an' I'll be true. All I want for you to say is you'll come home with me each day," the Goth thought out loud. It was so like her that McGemcity didn't even bat an eye this time.

It's just like me

It's just like me

I'm not your fool

That's what I'll be

It's just like you

To say goodbye

And leave me all alone, I cry

It's just like me

It's just like you

It's just like me

It's just like you

It's just like me

It's just like you

It's just like me

It's just like me

It's just like me

It's just like me

It's just like me

It's just like me

It's just like me

It's just like me