Chapter Thirty-Nine: Shell Shock

I can snap my fingers and get quick results

I can wink my eyes and melt their little hearts

Something hit me brought me to my knees

Something bit me—no remedies

It was a warm, sunny day in Washington, D.C., and Ziva was pacing in the bullpen waiting for the rest of the team to return from their various errands.

She could usually snap her fingers and receive quick results. The Mossad liaison could also wink her eyes and melt their little hearts. It wasn't that hard either, considering how good she looked.

Recently, though, something unseen had hit her with such force that it brought the Israeli to her knees. It also bit her—and there were no remedies.

You came out shooting—you left me stunned

I know I'm losing it look what you have done

The elevator doors opened and Special Agent Tony DiNozzo stumbled into the squad room, almost spilling his drink and sending his jelly doughnut flying out of his hand. He straightened up quickly and kept on walking as if nothing had happened.

This little encounter left Ziva stunned. She knew she was losing it. Look what you've done to me, Tony.

Shell shock Shell shock

You got me in a love lock

Shell shock Shell shock

I can't escape it no I can't shake it

Apparently, she was shell shocked. DiNozzo had Ziva in a figurative love lock that she couldn't escape from or shake off.

Of course, as luck would have it, right as Tony made it into the bullpen, the lights blacked out.

You crept up behind me

A rival to my heart

Hit me with your charms baby

Caught me in the dark

You made me like a bandit—made yourself a hero

I couldn't stand it—my willpower zero

Even though it was dark, she could sense Tony creeping up behind her, a rival to her heart, so to speak.

"You think this is a power surge?" he asked, breath warm against her neck.

Needless to say, he hit her with his regular DiNozzo charm and caught her in the dark.

Suddenly he tensed and whispered, "Down! Now!" Before Ziva could protest or ask why, he pushed her to the ground seconds before a knife came through the air.

She couldn't stand that he was treating her like this, but with him on top of her, all her willpower left her.

You came out shooting—you left me stunned

I know I'm losing it, look what you have done

Shell shock Shell shock

You got me in a love lock

Shell shock Shell shock

I can't escape it no I can't shake it

But I like it I like it a lot

I like it—I like I a lot

Shell shock Shell shock

She lay there momentarily stunned. Finding her voice, the Israeli accused, "Tony, I know I'm losing it; look what you have done."

"What—?"

Luckily, the lights came back on. Tony scrambled off Ziva before anyone could see them in what looked like an intimate position. Gibbs and McGee also arrived, leaving Ziva to her own thoughts.

She couldn't escape the love lock he had on her or shake it off, but Ziva found she liked it—a lot.

Something hit me brought me to my knees

Something bit me—no remedies

You came out shooting—you left me stunned

I know I'm losing it, look what you have done

Shell shock Shell shock