Chapter 8: Welcome to Team RWBY!

Max and Steel had just got accustomed to Beacon Academy, barely. They had attended their first class, Glynda's class. Ozpin had given them a temporary dorm to spend the night before they'd have to choose to join either Team RWBY or JNPR.

Max was slowly starting to wake up to the light shinning in through the windows of the dorm. Max slept in one bed, while Steel slept one another one.

Max: (yawns and stretches his arms as he sit up) Man so much for thinking this trip to remnant was a dream. Oh well, our first official day of classes at beacon, morning Steel!

Steel: Morning Max. Oh that reminds me, yesterday, I scanned the school uniform Ozpin provided while we're here, and have added it to your wardrobe of clothing you wear.

Max: Aww man, I wish you didn't remind me of that. One thing Copper Canyon High was better at, was allowing us to wear whatever we wanted. But that was it.

Steel: Relax Max, at least when it comes to combat we can instantly switch you from school uniform to casual attire for fighting.

Max: That reminds me, what are we going to do about combat armor? We can't use the turbo armor, that would expose our identity as Max Steel.

Steel: Huh, good point,  well, I'm sure we'll find something to wear, well for you anyway.

Max: Yeah oh hey, that reminds me, today, Ozpin's going to call us to his office to make it official for whose team we choose.

Steel: Oh yeah that's right, it's either Rwby or Jnpr. I vote we join team Jnpr.

Max: Really, care to explain why?

Steel: Well for one Nora is awesome! She has a grenade launcher that can turn into a hammer Max, a hammer! And I feel they're more welcoming and caring than team Rwby.

Max: Well Steel, I was thinking we should join Team Rwby.

Steel: Ha! ha! ha! ha! oh man, you almost had me their Max! Join team Rwby yeah right!(pauses when he sees Max's serious face) Wait, you're serious aren't you?

Max: you just started realizing it?

Steel: Max, don't get me wrong. I've always supported you, BUT ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?! Joining them is ludicrous! Have you forgotten that Blake and Wiess don't trust us and have been trying to get us to tell them everything about us, our secrets?!?! I hate to admit it, but now I know how Forge felt when I wouldn't stop hounding him for answers about my past.

Max: Look ro-bro, I agree with you about team Jnpr, they are friendlier and more accepting than team Rwby, but to tell you the truth, Ruby and Yang are friendly and welcoming. At least with their support, it would help us plead our case to Snow White and Shadow Ninja Girl(Wiess and Blake).

Steel: Why do you think it would be a good idea to join them? Aside from Yang and Ruby welcoming us with open arms, while Blake and Wiess would give us the stink eye 24/7.

Max: Because then we'd finally be able to earn their trust and assert ourselves of our privacy and boundaries. Then Wiess and Blake would see that despite us not trusting them as much as we trust Ruby and Yang, we still chose to join their team. Maybe that would start to make them realize that we're willing  to give them a chance. Besides, Ruby and Yang would be willing to help us get our point across to Blake and Wiess.

Steel: Huh, I see what you're getting at, but Max, it's four to one.

Max: about what?

Steel: You being the only guy in a room full of girls!

Max: Not cool Steel, are you implying that I'm, *that* kind of guy?

Steel: No Max, I'm saying Wiess or Blake might see you as that kind of guy, you know I'd never think that low of you tur-bro. I've always got your back, even when we fight or disagree from time to time, we look out for one another.