Chapter 19: The Raven and The Dredd (rewritten)

For at least 2 minutes, Raven and Vernal stared in shock at the one now identified to them as, Miles Dredd. It wasn't enough that Raven was just tricked and humiliated by Max Steel with assistance from her ex-husband and twin brother Qrow. Now she was dealing with the most unsettling and stressful situation she and her bandit tribe have ever faced so far. Being held hostage by Toxzon and his Goopanoids. And on top of that, being forced to hear Dredd's demands. She suspected this might have something to do with Salem and Ozpin, but she wasn't taking any chances. So for now, she and Vernal cooperated with the criminals.

Dredd: Now, let's have a chat shall we?

Raven: Who are you?And why have you sent this, walking pile of sewage to hold my tribe hostage with these.......abominations that would give Grimm nightmares?!

Dredd: Please, spare me the insults, if we wanted to destroy you all. I would've ordered Toxzon to wipe out your people as well as set your little camp on fire. That would've been quite  the surprise, don't you think? (He said in a dark sarcastic tone.)

Toxzon: And I'd watch your mouth Branwen! We may have just met, but I'm the one holding the lives of your precious tribe hostage. I give one command, and my Goopanoids will kill anyone of my choosing!

Raven:(She sighed begrudgingly knowing that for the moment, she had no choice but hear the villains out) Very well, you've both got my attention, what is it you want Dredd, you and this, Toxzon?

Dredd: Simple really, we want to know where is the Spring Maiden. And don't play coy with us, we know she's here, a member of your tribe, so tell us the truth or ( Dredds hologram gestures to the bandits in the grip of the Goopanoids) need I say more?

Raven: How did you find out about the maidens, that information isn't common chatter you know?

Dredd: Oh I know, I know. That's why 2 months ago, when I arrived on this world, I had my best programmer hack into Ozpin's files. And downloaded all he had on the story of the maidens, the history of the four kingdoms, the origin of his relationship with Salem, and how he granted you and your twin brother, the ability to shapeshift into birds. Quite Impressive I must add, and that's only the icing on the cake.

Raven: So, if you've downloaded all his files, then you clearly know that Ozpin doesn't know whom it is, otherwise, you wouldn't be having this conversation with me.

Dredd: Very observant, but you're staling, and my patience is limited. And clearly you're just as stubborn as your daughter, the Xiao Long girl.

This made Raven widen her eyes in anger. Bringing up her daughter, really started to piss her off,  she was no Saint herself, but even she wouldn't go that far below the belt. Vernal could tell, just by looking at her boss' face, that Dredd was starting to get under her skin.

Raven: Watch yourself Dredd, that's thin Ice you're crossing. Why bring her up? Are you planning to Tai's girl's hostage in an attempt to force my cooperation?

Dredd: The thought had crossed my mind. But that would draw to much attention, not just yours. No, that was just to let you know that I have everything on you and your former team, Team STRQ. And I know everything about your former family. In case you didn't get the gist.

Raven: Why are you telling me this?

Toxzon: We're telling you to extinguish any doubts you have about us having useful blackmail on your little tribe, including you.

Vernal: yeah yeah, we get the message.

Dredd: Enough! Despite what it appears, we didn't come her to kill you, or your bandits, we came here to offer you something mutually beneficial. One that would solve both our problems, If you'll here us out. It's all up to you Ms. Branwen.