Chapter thirteen

Olivia's pov:

May 2021

It was qualifying day here in Portugal, the third race on the calendar. I was at the red bull garage all weekend, since I spent the last race week at Ferrari. Max was happy that I came to support him again this week, I happily did it. Even though I would love to be with Charles, but at the same time I wouldn't want any new rumors again about us, specially not now when they are true. We are seeing each other at the moment, nothing serious though.

I arrived at the paddock with Max, as we came here together today. People wanted autographs and pictures as we walked by a lot of fans. Alex, Nicholas, Lando and Yuki were here as well. I saw out of the cornor of my eye two other people coming to sign a few autographs to the fans. It was of course the two ferrari drivers. "Hi" I said as Charles and Carlos walked over to me, while Max was taking pictures. "Hi" Charles said and smiled big. Carlos said hi then walked away and winked.

"How are you?" he asked and gave me a smile which melted my heart. "I'm good, do you maybe wanna hang later" I asked quiet. He nodded. "Of course, I would love to".. "Me too, can't wait" I said. Something inside me really wanted to just pull him into a big hug and kiss him, but obviously we couldn't do that here.. As we were standing there talking, Max of course walked toward to get me away from Charles..

"Come on Oli, let's go" he tried to stay nice, but he obviously didn't want me talking to Charles, oh god if he only knew...

We were now at the red bull hospitality, there were not that long until qualifying started, so Max just said hi to a few people and then we afterwards walked to the garage. "Max, it's not fair that you are mad at me for talking to Charles" I said as we walked side by side. "I just don't like it, that's it. He's not like how he seems to be, you obviously don't know him that much. You have known him for what? A few months?" He looked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah I have known him for a few months, but I know him pretty well. And please don't talk like that about my friends!" I said. He looked at me and didn't know what to say. "Please Olivia, I'm tired of all the Charles talk! I don't like you being friends with him, can't you understand that?!" .. "then it's good you aren't my boss, I decide who I'm friends with and spend my time with. You don't, alright!" I said and stopped walking. He looked back, and stopped walking too.

"Don't start being childish, I'm just protecting you!" He said. "I don't need it for the millionth time! I need a minute, just go ahead! Leave me alone" I said and turned my back on him. He looked sad but had no right to be, he is the one being childish about who I tend to be with.

I walked away and could hear Max walking away too, he walked to the garage and I, yeah I walked to the hospitality again, I sat down at a table alone with a soda.. I felt my phone buzzing, so I looked at it and saw a text from no one else than Charles. I read it and he made me smile, after the argument with Max.

 I read it and he made me smile, after the argument with Max