Chapter forty-three

Olivia's pov:

March 2022

Time flew by, I had once again after a breakup found myself an apartment in Monaco. It was great, I quickly settled in and made it feel like home. I had so much work in February so I wasn't able to attend the first pre-testings in Spain, but now it's time for the pre-season testing in Bahrain, and I couldn't wait to get back.

I arrived in Bahrain after almost eight hours. I arrived at the hotel where the drivers are staying as well. I was so tired so I took a quick nap after I had unpacked my suitcase! It was so needed.

I had only slept for half an hour before I heard a knock on my door, so I got up from bed quickly and then walked towards the door, looked out of the little hole in the door and then opened it. "Hi guys?" I said and laughed. "Hello Oli, what are you up to?" Carlos asked with a smiling Lando by his side.. "Nothing, why?" I asked and looked confused at them. "Wait where did you get my room number from?" I asked before they could answer the other question. "We have our contacts," Lando said with a little laugh. "Sure Lando, sure" I said and rolled my eyes. "So, we are really bored! And you know everyone else is occupied with other drivers, their girlfriends and yeah, so we wanted to ask if you wanted to hang with us?" Carlos asked and smiled. "And we knew you were alone today" Lando said, and then Carlos gently hit him as a hint that he should not have said that.

"I see, let's assume Olivia doesn't have anyone to be with just because she's single now?" I laughed and rolled my eyes at them. "He didn't mean it like that, Oli" Carlos said and tried to make up for his best friend's words. "No it's alright, I don't really have anyone to be with! let's do something together" I smiled, and Lando smiled as well probably because he was relieved I didn't take it personally. But his words were very true though.

I invited the boys inside and then we talked for a while, trying to figure out what to do. "Hey I have an idea!" Lando said. "Let's go golfing, as you know I'm quite a pro," he said, smiling confidently. "Oh Lando, you are far from a pro! I'll show you how a professional does it" Carlos laughed. "You in?" Lando asked me, I wasn't quite sure since I have never been that good at playing golf, but I took it as a challenge. - "Yeah sure" I said and smiled. Then I changed clothes and the boys went to their rooms to change as well, and then we were on our way to a golf course in Bahrain, a place both Lando and Carlos have been using before.

After we played a few holes Carlos had made a hole in one, and Lando was so annoyed that he hadn't made one yet, but he just blamed it on his golf club, typical Lando. I was so bad at this, I used way too many strokes on every single hole, it was so terrible, and the boys couldn't stop laughing it was so annoying, but we had so much fun with it.

"So Oli, you might try to go a different path than golf!" Lando laughed and made fun of me once again. "Says the one who calls himself professional, and can't even make a hole in one!" I said and immediately Carlos busted into laughter. "Oooh that was a good one" Carlos said and gave me a high five, while both of us laughed. "Yeah yeah, you win Olivia! that was quite funny" Lando said and laughed as well. "Well thank you Norris! Remember next time you wanna tease me, I will say something better back to you" I said and then tried to focus on making a good stroke, but I wasn't really that good.. "I'll remember," he smiled.

After a few hours on the golf course, we drove back to the hotel. Isabel had just arrived so Carlos went to be with her, and Lando had a few things to do, so I just went back to my room alone, which was totally fine. I ordered some dinner, since I didn't feel like eating out in a restaurant alone. I just ordered a few small dishes since everything looked so good on the menu card. It arrived after a little while, and then I just opened my macbook where I watched some netflix while eating, what's not to like?.