Chapter seventeen

Olivia's pov:

July 2021

It was now already July, and time for the British grand prix, which is the tenth race of the season already. Due to my busy work I haven't attended the last four races, so I have missed being at one. Max had won three out of the four races, so I was extremely proud of my brother. On the other end Charles didn't get good results, his best was in Azerbaijan where he finished fourth. But in France and both Austria races he finished 16th, 7th and 8th. It was very frustrating for him that this year's car wasn't competitive.

I landed in the United Kingdom, it was already saturday. I didn't have time to be there yesterday at practice and qualifying, so I made sure to get here in time for the sprint race. As I had arrived at the track the last free practice was just finished. And the sprint race was starting in about four hours, so I had plenty of time.

I first went to see Charles who I had missed so much. I walked through the paddock where a few drivers greeted me as they saw me. It was nice seeing them all again, everyone was used to having me here as I used to be here all the time. "Olivia, you're back!!" Carlos said as he saw me from outside Ferrari hospitality, he was talking with Isabel who also was here. "I'm back, it's good to see your Carlos" I said as he walked towards me with a big smile. "Charles have missed you" he whispered as he hugged me, I laughed I already knew that.

"Hey Isa" I said and hugged her too. "Hey Oli, how are you?" she asked with a big smile. "I'm good, just been busy with work".. "Tell me about it, work is very exhausting," she laughed. I was talking with them for a while until I heard a familiar voice, I had missed very much.

I turned to look around and saw Charles walking towards the entrance of the ferrari hospitality where we were standing. "That's a deal then, see you later" he said and then Andrea went inside. He stopped up when he saw us, his smile got bigger as he saw I had arrived. "Thank god you are here!" he said and pulled me into a huge hug. "I missed you too!" I said, giving him a discreet kiss on his cheek. "You have no idea," he said.

I walked with him to his driver's room as it was the only place we could be alone.

"How was practice?" I asked as I haven't had the chance to get a look at the results just yet. "It was good, Max was fastest and I was about 0,3 seconds after him" he said. "Amazing, I'm really hoping for a good weekend for you!" I said hugging him again, I can never get enough of his hugs. "Well, I have my good luck charm here so I will see what I can do" he said getting closer to me, I smiled. Then he kissed me, damn I have missed this.

We talked for a little while before he had some things to attend to, and I had to find Max, who I also have missed so much. "I should get going," I said and got up from the couch. "Yeah me too, where will you watch the sprint from?" he asked. "I think I'm gonna stay at red bull, then come to watch the race here tomorrow" I said which made him smile. "Sounds perfect! I love you" he said as I opened the door. "I love you" I said and left the room.. I then walked towards red bull hospitality.

"Hey Christian" I said as I walked inside, he was standing there alone with his phone in his hand. "Oh hey Olivia, haven't seen you for a while" he smiled. "Yeah I know, I've been quite busy".. "Of course, well Max is up stairs if you're looking for him" he said. "Thank you" I kindly said and walked away. I walked up the stairs and there he was. Kelly was here as well.

"Buh!" I said as I came from behind to scare him, he made a little jump which made Kelly and I laugh. "You almost killed me, Jesus!" he said, getting up from the chair to give me a hug. "I missed you!" I said and pulled away from the hug. "Missed you too," he said smiling. "Hey Kelly, good to see you," I said, giving her a hug. "Likewise" she said.