Chapter forty-two

Charles's pov:

February 2022

I had just finished a photoshoot together with Carlos, just a few new pictures for the upcoming season. It felt awesome being back in the beautiful red race suit, I have really missed it over the winter break.

"So how is life?" I asked Carlos as we drove together back to our hotel. We were back in Italy once again. "I mean it's really good!. What about you? I heard from Lando what happened with Olivia?" Carlos asked. I couldn't really figure out how he knew what had happened, I only told my family and then also Pierre?. "Oh yeah, I'm handling it. I miss her of course, but it was her choice" I said and smiled fake. "Huh? Hold up, wait, what are you talking about?".. "our breakup of course. What are you talking about?" I said and looked weird at him, he looked confused. "Shit you guys broke up!!?" Carlos said and looked very much surprised.

"Yeah we did, some stuff happened.. but really what do you mean?" I asked. "Someone attacked her in a club in Australia. Haven't you seen the pictures of her in the media? She looked terrible" Carlos asked and scrolled through his phone. "No I haven't seen anything, are you serious?!" I was in shock, and I felt so sad that someone had attacked my girl! She's still mine and nobody lays hands on her.

"Look at these pictures" Carlos said and handed me his phone. The pictures looked like it was from the airport, Daniel was walking next to her. She looked so sad and I hated seeing her like this. Something inside me made me want to fly home to Monaco and just get her back and take care of her,  but it was her decision so I have to accept it. Even though it's hard.

"Do you know how she is doing now?" I asked Carlos and handed him his phone. "Isabel called her a few days ago, and she's alright. She didn't say anything about your break up though" Carlos said. "Of course she didn't. Not many know, actually not many know the full story.." I said and looked out of the window. "What?" He asked. And then I told him everything that had happened since the start of winter break! And it was actually nice talking with someone other than my family about it, I mean Pierre knows but he's almost like my brother.

Carlos was surprised that we had kept this a secret for so long, and to be honest I was still quite surprised myself.

When I arrived in my hotel room I pulled myself together and wrote a text to her. It took me a long time since I didn't know what to say, but I felt like I needed to understand everything that's happening between us, and I'm glad I finally had sent the text..

She replied back surprisingly fast.

Charles:

Hey, I know we're not talking or anything, but Carlos told me what happened back in Australia, how are you? I'm sorry this happened to you.

Olivia:

Hi, I'm good. Thanks for asking.

Charles:

Good to hear. Oh and btw should we post something on instagram to let people know about our break up? Or should we wait a little longer?

Olivia:

Feel free to post something. I mean why wait?

Charles

Alright then, I'll post something later..

Olivia:

Fine, me too.