Capter fifty-three

Olivia's pov:

August 2022

I walked out of mine and Charles' room, and then I took a taxi to my mom's house which was located not far from our hotel. It was 20.30 so it was actually quite late, but I had promised her to talk with her today, so that's what I did.

I arrived and got inside where she had made some coffee, which was lovely. We sat down after a few minutes, then she started to talk.. "So what is going on Olivia? you have changed a lot.." she said out of nowhere, what a start. "Nothings going on, and what do you mean I have changed?" I was surprised by what she just said. "I know it's been years, but after your break up with Matt you have changed a lot, and it's like I don't know my little girl anymore.. I know nothing about your life! you didn't even come to me when you lost your baby, in that situation you should have come to your mother, but no you left to go to Australia!" she said, she kept talking and the only thing that she managed to do was to hurt my feelings, saying these words really hit me.

"Wow.. Firstly I won't talk about Matt! I've moved on, I'm getting married to the love of my life, and you don't even seem happy about it, well it seems like you won't even get to know Charles, which really hurts.." I said before she interrupted. "Olivia we all know Charles, I heard he broke your heart once and I'm sure it won't be the last time.. we all hated that boy from the beginning, and now everyone is such a big fan of him, I don't get it?" she said. "Max and Charles were just kids and each other's biggest rivals, of course we didn't like him, but I fell in love with him, I got to know him and he has the biggest heart of all I know.. Eventually everyone else saw that as they wanted to get to know him, and now he is part of our family, like it or not.." I said.

"Sure, I'm still not convinced that he won't break your heart again.." .. "Okay then.. And yeah I didn't come to you when I lost our baby, because I was heartbroken. I just wanted to escape reality, so that's what I did! Daniel took me with him to Australia and made me forget everything, the best way to heal, so I'm very sorry that I didn't think of traveling here to cry on your couch.. I needed space, hell I even left Charles to get some space" I said and I could feel a little tear rolling down my cheek, this talk was really hard, and those words were something I could never imagine my own mother say about me. - "Don't talk to me with that attitude, young lady! You can't escape reality, you gotta face it. Losing a baby is tough but normal and something you just gotta get through, you didn't even know the baby yet, so I can't see why you would travel all the way to the other side of the planet because something like that happened!" she said, clearly she didn't care I had actual tears in my eyes. "I can't do this, I think I'm leaving now this ain't going nowhere good, I loved that baby even though it wasn't a real baby yet!" I said and got up from the couch, so did she.. "Fine, leave again just like you did when your dad asked you to live with him, when Matt left you, and when you lost your baby!" she said and looked me into the eyes, I could see how disappointed and angry she was. "I will.. And mom, maybe there was a reason I moved to dad when I was younger, and maybe there's a reason I have an unbreakable relationship with dad, he always supports me no matter what!" I said and went to take my shoes on, while she was still standing there looking at me, she didn't say a word, but I could see she really wanted to say something.. "Have a great night mom.. please don't come to my wedding.." I said while opening the door, before I walked out and closed it again.. I didn't get her the chance to say something I just left..

I walked to a local cafe that was open until midnight. I used to go there a few times when I was younger. I had no car, and I didn't really like to call for a taxi this late since I had a few bad moments in the past, so the only option was to call Charles, since I knew Max was out celebrating his win, which is understandable.

I had ordered a coffee since I didn't get to drink much of the one mom had made me. I sat down and dialed Charles' number on my phone. "Hey love" he said, the sound of his voice made me shed another tear. "What's wrong?" he asked worriedly. "Charles, can you come pick me up, I wanna go home!" I said and wiped away the single tear. "Of course, I'll be there soon!" he said.. We said our goodbyes and then hung up, I waited about 30 minutes until I saw him outside the cafe.

I walked outside and he immediately pulled me into a tight hug. "What happened, love?" he asked while looking at me. "My mom happened, Charles she is the worst.." I said and looked down.. "Tell me everything on the way back" he said and opened the door for me, then we drove back to the hotel.. And I told him everything she said..

We got back to the hotel and I was a bit upset by what just happened. We changed clothes and got to bed, because it had really been the longest day ever. Charles opened his arms so I laid there close to him, I felt safe and comfortable in his presence.

"I know I haven't had the best relationship with her, but now I feel like I lost her forever.. How can someone talk like that to her own daughter?" I asked. "I don't know love, but she totally crossed the line, no one shall ever talk to you like this again! you did the right thing by leaving and calling me" he said.. "I know, thanks for picking me up.. do you think I should tell Max, Vic and my dad about this?" I asked, I was not sure what to do, because I didn't wanna ruin my siblings relationship with their mother. "I think you should, they deserve to know how your mother can talk to her own daughter! and if i know your dad right, he will appreciate it if you told him, you're his little girl!" he said, what he said was true. "Okay then, I'll talk to them soon then".. "Great! Now get some sleep love, it's been an eventful and long day, you need the rest for the trip home tomorrow" he said and went to give me a kiss. "You too, goodnight Charles I love you so much" I smiled. "Goodnight Olivia, I love you more" he said.. Then we fell asleep really fast, like we were two little babies.

__

The next day we woke up, I had a weird feeling over what happened last night. My almost non existing relationship with my mother is now officially gone..

Charles was already awake and had ordered some breakfast for us, which was really sweet of him. So we quickly ate our breakfast, then we went for a morning run together. I wanted to clear my head a bit, and Charles didn't think I should do it alone, so he went along.. When we got back, we showered and got ready, then we packed our suitcases and it was time to leave Belgium, and go home to lovely Monaco.

The flight wasn't too long, so we were home in our apartment after a few hours. It felt good to be back home, even though we hadn't been away for that long, there's always a good feeling about coming home again.

"Charles?" I said as I was finished unpacking our suitcases, he was cooking up some luck for us in the meantime. "Yeah, what's up? Something's wrong?" He asked and walked towards me. "Do you still have the ultrasound pictures from back then? I mean I just left and I haven't thought much about it since my mom brought it up yesterday" I said. "Of course I do, I could never throw them away!" He said and smiled, before he walked towards his safety box which only he knew the code to. "Here you go love," he said and handed me the ultrasound pictures. I had a big lump in my throat from seeing them again. I can't believe if I hadn't lost the baby we would be parents in a matter of time..

"Wow, it feels so unreal," I said looking at the pictures. "It does, when you were in Australia I looked at them a couple of times, they were laying in the box with the ring. And the whole time I thought about you, and our future together" he smiled and sat next to me looking at the pictures.. "Before you say anything I wanted to apologize for acting like that baby would be the worst thing to happen.." he said and looked down. "Stop babe! I get it, you were in shock and so was I, but you gotta prioritize your career first, you are at a place in your career that so many people only can dream of, so don't apologize!" I said and lifted his head so he could look at me. "Yeah and I am really deeply sad we lost the baby, because that baby would have turned into a little miracle.. and for the record I won't prioritize anything higher than you, you are everything to me Olivia! I am ready to have a baby with you, whenever you are ready!" he said. "Wait, what? Are you for real right now?" I was surprised by his answer. "I am. The loss of our baby only taught me that I want to have a baby with you, and I wanna be a young dad! I wanna have as many years with my kids as possible, I won't be an old man with little kids.." he smiled. "I feel the exact same way! I feel ready to have kids, and I feel like we are in a really good place in our lives.." I smiled.. "Let's do it then, or let's get married first and then we'll try for a baby! and that baby is gonna be the luckiest in the entire world" Charles said, those words were something I didn't think I should ever hear.. "That sounds like a perfect plan, I can't wait for our future babe" I said and leaned in for a kiss. God I felt like I had won the lottery with that man..
_____

(1981 words)

So this was a shorter chapter, because it's like connected to the previous one. I hope you liked it, even though it was quite short. Anyway, lots of love from me.. 🤍✨