Chapter fifty-nine

Olivia's pov:
February 2023

The first month of 2023 is already over and we have just entered February. And I have entered week 12 of my pregnancy already! Today we're having our twelve week scan and I'm really nervous about it, I just want our baby to be perfect and healthy. - It's been the hardest ever to keep this a secret for our families and friends, especially since we have kept it a secret since Christmas Eve!

"I'm nervous.." I said as we stepped out of the car that was parked in front of the clinic. "Me too love, but I have a feeling everything's alright" Charles said and held my hand. "I really hope so, I can't go through another miscarriage.." I said, I really wanted to think positive, but it was really hard to think like that after we had been through it before. "I know, let's go in there and say hi to our healthy baby alright" he smiled and placed a kiss on my cheek, I loved the way he kept being positive.

We got into the room after a little wait, I laid down and the same doctor/ midwife as always checked the baby. We watched everything on the screen in front of us, and it looked normal I guess. "Okay guys, so there's something I wanna get another doctor to confirm alright.. I'll be right back" she said and smiled. "Okay then" Charles said and I nodded.. After that she walked out of the room and I almost froze. "Do you think the baby is gone?" I asked nervously. "No I don't think so, I'm not sure what she wants but I don't think it's that love" Charles answered and kept me calm..

After a little while she was back with another doctor. "Yeah, you are right.." the other doctor said as he had taken a look at the baby. "Great, thanks" she said and the other doctor left again.. "Well I have some news for you" she said and smiled.. "Is the baby alright?" I asked as the first thing.

"Yes, both of your babies are very healthy.." she said. "Wait, did you just say both?" Charles said and his eyes almost popped out. "I did, you're having twins. At the other scan they were so tiny that the other one must have been hiding behind the other" she answered. I almost shed a little tear and I could see Charles was just like that as well, this is huge. "Oh my god, I can't believe it!" I said and looked at Charles, both of us totally in shock. "Wanna hear their heartbeats?" She asked and we of course agreed to. It was the best sound and feeling ever, it sounded perfect and I was so happy..

We left the clinic and couldn't get our heads around what just happened. "Twins!!" I said as we got into the car. "Yeah twins, this is surreal" he said and closed the car door. We didn't know what to say, we were still in shock.. we drove home and tried to understand what was happening.

A few hours later we had finally taken the news to us and we were over the moon about it. I mean we wished for a baby, and we got two. How lucky can we be.. this is gonna be so hard, but it's gonna be the most beautiful thing too. I personally know how special it is to have a twin, so I'm so happy for my kids, that they will get the same experience.

"When do you wanna tell our families? I mean I have a little tiny bump and I'm three months already? I don't know how long I can keep this anymore" I asked and let out a laugh. "I think we should tell them soon, but wait to go public until maybe around 20 weeks if you can keep it hidden until then" Charles answered with a smile. "I agree, I wanna keep it a secret as long as possible for the publicity" I answered.. it was settled, we are gonna tell our families this week! How exciting..

__

It's been two whole days since we got the news that we're having twins, and we cannot keep it a secret anymore, so today is the day we're telling our families. First ones to get the news are Pascale and Charles brothers, then we are gonna surprise Max and Kelly, and then we will FaceTime my dad and Vic, oh and of course Tom as well.

I have no intention of telling my mother, she can find out from instagram in a few weeks or whenever we go public with it.

We had invited Pascale, Arthur and Lorenzo over for coffee and a little cake. And they could arrive anytime now.. "I'm nervous, are you nervous?" Charles laughed a bit while we were sitting on the couch waiting for them to knock on the door. "I'm extremely nervous! Wait I gotta change clothes real quick" I said and got up from the couch, I had a tight shirt on, and since I have a little tiny bump already I gotta hide it with a big comfy knitted sweater. "Chill love, you barely look pregnant" Charles laughed as I ran in and changed my clothes. "I do, don't argue with me about this" I laughed and walked out with my oversized sweater, and now I looked completely normal. "Fine" he answered and got interrupted by a knock on our door.