Chapter sixty-six

Olivia's pov:
August 2023

I woke up after only having slept for a few hours. I was so excited for this day to arrive that I could not sleep last night! "Good Morning love" Charles said and pulled me closer in a hug. "Good Morning babe, have you slept alright?" I asked and smiled. "Yeah fine, but I've been awake a few times, what about you?" he asked. "I've been awake so many times, I'm so nervous, excited and everything for today" I answered and he agreed. Today is gonna be a very emotional, special, memorable and best day ever.

When we had woken up properly we walked to the kitchen where Charles made some breakfast for himself, I only ate a little bowl of fruit since I'm not allowed to eat much before the c-section. We ate out food and then Charles hit the shower while I got ready. I just jumped into the most comfortable clothes I owned, since I'm gonna change to hospital clothes soon anyway. I fixed my hair and applied some makeup which just made me look a bit more alive. - After about two hours we were more than ready to leave, we called my dad and Pascale when we left so they would meet us in the hospital. It was really important for us that both of them would be there, not inside the operation room when they're born, but to see them after and let them see their grandbabies as the first ones, of course besides Charles and I.

After a little drive we arrived and walked to the right part of the hospital. "Hi, what can I do for you?" the man behind the computer asked. "I have a scheduled c-section for today at 15.00" I answered. "Can I please get your full name?" he asked and started to write on the computer as I spoke up. "Olivia Emilia Verstappen" I answered. "Thank you, you can just take a seat and then someone will come get you shortly".. "Okay, thank you" I said and then we sat down in the little waiting area.

After a few minutes my name was called and then was shown into a room which was really nice. We got settled in and then the doctors told us everything we needed to know, I also got changed into hospital clothes. Then they took a look at the babies, before they left.

I had a few hours to lay here while they were monitoring the babies, to make sure they were alright and ready to come out.

"Hi you two" Pascale said as she walked inside the room. "Hi mom" Charles said and hugged her. "Hi Pascale, good to see you" I smiled and she also went to give me a hug. "I can't believe it's finally happening" she said, I could see the pure excitement in her. It was so cute. "Me either, these past nine months have been the longest ever" I laughed. "It definitely has" Charles smiled and looked at me. "Hello" my dad said, he had also arrived now. "Hey dad" I smiled, it was really great seeing him again, and I love that he's here for me today. We all greeted him, and then we talked for a little while. The doctors checked in with us a few times to look at the babies.

Charles pov:

The time flew by, and when the clock finally hit 15.00, it was time to go! The doctors were ready to drive Olivia to the surgery, so we said goodbye to our parents and then we were on our way to the operating room.

When we got in there the doctors prepared everything, Olivia got sedated, and I sat down next to her.. "Ready to meet our babies?" I asked while looking at her, I held her hand the entire time. "I'm more than ready" she smiled. It was such a special and big moment, and I couldn't wish for more in this moment. I'm about to meet my kids! I felt everything right now. I was happy, excited and also a bit nervous.

It took some time, but suddenly I heard the best sound ever. Our first child was born and it was our son. He was crying and normally I would be annoyed of baby cry but this sound was music to my ears. One of the doctors took him to a little table to clean him, while the others took our girl out. And after a few minutes our girl was out as well. "Congratulations mom and dad, you're babies are perfect and healthy" one of the doctors said and smiled. I looked at Olivia, we both had teary eyes. "Thank you so much" I answered. "Please go say hi to them babe" Olivia said while she was laying there. So I went to the table, the doctor handed over our son and he was so beautiful, I held him in my arms looking at my also beautiful daughter getting cleaned by the doctor.