Lay Me Down Chapter 37

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I threw my duffle in the trunk of Carmen’s car. We were taking separate cars because of the hostility amongst Ariel, Sasha, and Carmen. I had decided on riding with Sasha and Carmen. I got into the backseat with Sasha and closed the door behind me. It was a nice day outside and the weather should remain the same the entire weekend giving us a beautiful weekend.

“You guys ready?” Carmen asked as she got in the car.

“Yup,” Sasha and I said simultaneously.

“So, Carter and Ariel are following us and I am thinking about ditching them,” Carmen stated. 

I broke out in laughter. “Carmen . . . that’s mean.”  

“So? Ariel’s mean. I’m sure she’s thinking of a ditching plan too. I shook my head as Carmen started up the car and we were off to the beach.

“Lizzie, tell me,” she said awhile after we were into the trip. “What are you and Carter really?”  

“We are nothing. Just friends!” 

“I so do not believe that,” Sasha stated. 

I laughed. “Well you should because it’s the truth.”  

“If you are worried about Ariel, don’t be,” Carmen said.

“You guys, there is nothing going on,” I exclaimed.

“Do you still care about him?” Sasha asked.

“Yea, I’ll always care about Carter, we are good friends,” I responded, not giving the answer that I knew they wanted.

“Do you still care about him romantically,” Carmen blurted. 

I sighed. “I . . . Why do you want to know so badly?” 

“You do!” Sasha said happily. “Why won’t you just tell him?” 

“He has a girlfriend.” 

“So! He cares about you more than he does her. I’m pretty sure he would choose you over her,” Carmen informed me. “You should tell him especially since they are thinking about marriage. I do not want that girl to be my daughter-in-law.” 

“And I don’t want her to be my sister, but me and you, Lizzie, we could be perfect sisters.” 

I chuckled. “We would make great sisters,” I agreed.

“So we all agree then, you should tell him,” Sasha claimed.

“Yup,” Carmen shouted.