Lay Me Down Chapter 43

Wow I got 1,000 fans. That's amajor accomplishment for me. I think all the new fans for fanning. It really means alot and I hope you are enjoying what you are reading. I also what to think just everyone one of you for reading, voting, commenting, and all that good stuff.  Yall's comments really make me smile. I might not get to reply to all of them, but I love and appreciate every single comment I get!

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I awakened sometime in the late afternoon next to Carter, naked and inside his arms. God, this was amazing! Last night was amazing! Carter was- is amazing! I was just this over happily girl who was probably getting excited over nothing. I still had to stay in reality and come down off of my cloud nine.

Carter had a girlfriend and yes, I wanted to be with Carter, but I didn’t want to be the reason they broke up no matter how much I disliked Ariel. Yes, I wish that I could just rub it in her face, but that wasn’t me and it really wasn’t the way to handle things. Last time I went about things the wrong way I ended up losing my scholarship. This time I didn’t want to make any mistakes that would cause me to lose something that is extremely important to me.

I rolled over in Carter’s arms. He was still asleep and he looked so cute. His chest closed in on mine every time he breathed. His hair ticked the top of his forehead. His perfect tan skin was illuminated by the light coming in through the window and his eyelashes fluttered every now and then. The thin line of his mouth just looked so kissable even when he was asleep. He was perfect! He was the man of my dreams.

I reached my hand out and lightly stroked his jaw bone, his smoothness connecting with the tips of my fingers. His eyes snapped open and he stared at me and then a smile spread across his face causing his lips to look even more kissable. I think that I was obsessed with kissing Carter.

“Good morning,” I said in a groggy voice.

“Good morning,” he replied.

I chuckled and he gave me a weird look. I knew he thought I was dumb, but he just always made me feel like this giddy little girl, who couldn’t stop laughing because she was so damn happy.

“How are you feeling,” he asked as he moved closer to me, if that was possible, and began playing with my hair.

“Spectacular,” I replied causing him to laugh. He inched his face closer to mine and he kissed my lips softly then pulled back.

“I love you,” he said.

I smiled and I knew he was waiting for me to say it back, but I couldn’t and it wasn’t because I wasn’t in love with Carter because I was. Trust me, I was head over heels for the guy, but he had a girlfriend and I didn’t want to get hurt so I figured that it would be better if I not let him know how I felt truly just for the time being. The smiled began to fade as he realized that I wasn’t going to say it. “Do you not feel the same way?”  

“Carter was this just sex or was it real?” I asked him not answering his question.

“Of course it was real! What do you mean?”I avoided his gaze and began to look elsewhere. “Lizzie, I plan on breaking up with her,” he said fully on point with my thoughts.