Lay Me Down Chapter 4

HAPPY NEW YEARS

I HOPE YOUR PLANS ARE SERIOUSLY BETTER THAN MINES!

VOTE/COMMENT/TWEET/LIKE

ENJOY!!

 I walked into the school early this morning, hoping to get caught up on my work and stuff, because I was so behind and I didn't want borrowing Carter's work to become a regular thing. I went into my first class and sat down in my chair. I began to work on my math homework praying that I would finish soon.

I heard the bell ring signaling for class. Damn I was nowhere near done. I sighed and continued, maybe we would have a free day today who knows, so I continued.

"Here" I looked up to see Carter holding his homework out for me.

"No it's okay. I'm going to finish." I told him. He came and sat down next to me.

"It's a bunch of problems and some of them take up more than a page of paper, since this is due today you would most likely be better off copying" he told me.

"I thought this wasn't going to become a regular thing" I asked him.

"Well you're a nice girl, so I figure I can let it go on for awhile longer" He stated.

"Thanks" I said giving him a smile.

"You smiled again." He said.

"Why do you care about my smile so much" I asked him.

"It lets me know you're happy" He replied "And I don't like to see anyone down" He added.

"Even me?" I asked. "The girl who ignored you and would barely say two words to you your first day." I asked.

"Yup," he replied popping the p. I smiled at him once again and began to copy his homework.

  I was walking home once again from school. The slight breeze that was blowing caused my hair to tousle around my face. I brushed some of the hair behind my ears to keep it from tickling my face. I really didn't know where I was going. All I knew is that I didn't want to go home. I wasn't in the mood to be told to what to do.

"Hey" I looked at the car that had rolled up beside me. Of course once again it was Carter. "You need a ride" he asked.

"No I'm fine." I said

"Come on Lizzie it's about to storm," I looked at him.

"How did you know my name?" I asked.

"Drew told me" He replied. I scoffed. "Come on it's going to start pouring in a while." he said.

"I'm not headed home," I told him as I continued to walk and he continued to drive slowly next to me.