Lay Me Down Chapter 14

VOTE/COMMENT/LIKE/TWEET

ENJOY!!

I got in the passenger side of Carter's car as he got in the driver's seat. He started up the car and we were off.

"So can you tell me where we are going now?" I asked him.

"Nope it's a secret" He told me. I had no clue where we were going. He had told me to bring another change of clothes and he had brought body wash and shampoo. I was puzzled.

"Can I guess?" I asked him as he pulled onto the interstate.

"If you want to" He replied.

"If I guess right, are you going to tell me that I am right?" I questioned.

"Nope" He replied popping the p. I groaned and he laughed.

"You will know soon enough Lizzie just calm down" He retorted. I sighed and sank lower into my seat as I propped my feet up on his dashboard. I looked out the window and took notice of the signs that we were passing, there were no clues as to where we were going. I had never really been out of my house and school. Me leaving the city with Carter still felt a little unreal. I mean I couldn't believe that I was in this position. If I would have never met Carter I would probably be in my room right now getting ready or waiting on clients. My eyes scanned the trees and rocky hills that we passed. I turned my head and looked at Carter. I noticed how handsome he really was for the first time; I wasn't one of those people who judged people upon first meeting them. I didn't take in there features or I didn't rate them on a scale of one to ten. I just pushed them away no matter who they were or what they looked like.

His chest slowly rose and fell as he focused on the road. His eyes moved from side to side as If he was looking for something. He glanced my way.

"What are you looking at?" He asked.

"You" I said honestly. He smiled. He had the nicest smile, it was crooked like a smirk but it made me feel warm inside. I looked into his deep brown eyes, but he tore his gaze away fixating his eyes back on the road.

Carter merged the car two lanes to the right and I tried to see where we were going but we were just going off the exit. I closed my eyes resting them.

"Don't fall asleep now we are almost there" Carter stated. I opened my eyes sitting up and taking my feet down. "You would begin to fall asleep after we have already been on the road for an hour." He stated. I mumbled a whatever and looked around. We pulled up into a parking lot of an aquarium.

"An aquarium?" I questioned. He looked at me and smiled. I laughed and put on my shoes that I had taken off. He got out of the car and I did the same. He grabbed the duffel bag with our things in there and through it over his shoulder before grabbing my hand and leading me inside.

The entrance was like this big globe and the lights were dimmed and it had shadows of different marine animals outlined on the walls and the ceilings. There was a woman speaking over the speaker and she was talking about the different attractions and sights at the aquarium.

"Come on this way" Carter said tugging on my hand. I followed him as he led me down a hall and we passed tanks filled with fish.