fiftEEn☠️

"Are you sure?"

            "Yes. He looked right at me. Followed me."

            "What could even do something like that?" Conway was asking himself more than he was asking them. "I've never heard of such a thing. Some are strong enough to know they are being shadowed, but never someone strong enough to see a shadow. You said he had two faces?"

            "Yes."

            "Meaning he's being possessed by something. I will have to think on this."

            Sebastian did not speak. He looked at her while he rubbed his chin.

            She didn't blame him. She didn't know what to think about any of this, either.

            "The way he looked at me, the way he looked at that other girl, it wasn't natural. What if she's in danger? We need to find a way to protect her."

            "What if you're in danger?" He asked softly.

            Conway gave the floor a lite tap with his cane. "You have another worry, as well. The alpha. You have little time, Nevaeha. Especially if he spends any time around you." 

            "We never know if he's going to show up to a meeting or not." She told him.

            "You'll have to stay away. We can relay what is discussed at the meetings with you but no more coming in person. It can't be helped."

            Sebastian gave her another long look. "If you still want him to forget who you are. It has to be your choice, Nevaeha."

            "I have no choice. You've seen what he is capable of."

            "Yes, but you have doubts."

             "An overwhelming amount of doubt, but that changes nothing. He killed someone and he will kill more."

            "You are in the presence of two who have done the same." Sebastian told her.

            It was common knowledge that Conway had a dark past he had to overcome to be where he is now. When she was younger, she asked him about it and all he'd say is that beings with magic never feel they have enough of it, just as humans with power never feel they have enough of it.

            It was harder to see Sebastian hurting anyone. She'd never even heard him raise his voice or even look at someone in a mean way.

            She'd trust both of these men with her life.

            "It's something for you to think about."

            "Silas is nearly here so we will take our leave. We all have much to think about."

            "Tomorrow then." She placed a hand on each of them.

            She watched the ghost materialize right in front of her.

            "Nevaeha, are you alright? You've gone pale."

            "It's been a long, upsetting day." Was her replied to Sebastian.

            "If you need me, you only have to ask for me."

            "If you need me, call out my name." Conway nodded her way.

            Sebastian took one last look at her, then he laid his hand on Conway and they were gone.

            She frowned at the ghost. "Don't you have someone better to haunt?"

            "I guess not. Witch."