🔞

Letty Zimmerman. The same age as her. Graduated last year and that made Nevaeha's entire year.

Letty was everything that Nevaeha wasn't. Perfection. No one could look at the other girl without that being their first thought.

She was perfection. If you didn't mind she was a bit of a conceited bitch who loved to tell other students how lacking she found them.

She was a witch with limited powers. With the power she had, she made a living reading tarot cards and palms. Her specialty was teas that made people feel special. Happy.

The power Nevaeha needed was the other girl's ability to astral project.

"Look who we have here." Her smile was as perfect as she was. "I heard you've been having some boy troubles. Need me to read your palm? I'm very expensive."

Wavy blond hair with no frizz. Sky-blue eyes and naturally red lips. She always dressed nice, too. Someone once rumored that she didn't have an outfit in her closet that cost under two hundred bucks.

Nevaeha was older now, surer of who she was, but there was once a time that being around this girl had made her feel self-cautious and ugly. Little. And horrible for feeling that way.

"I hate to sound rude, Ne, but you look like hell. I mean, more so than usual."

"Thank you." She replied sarcastically.

"If you brought your pocketbook, you can have a seat. If not, then I have an appointment."

She'd known what it would take for Letty's help. She only hoped she had enough.

Roe women have never had much money.

Eighty-nine dollars and twenty-eight cents was all she could come up with. And she'd only gathered that up by selling some of the jewelry left around the house. The spare money for this month had gone towards Jericho leaving town and taking Silas to dinner.

"You look like you haven't slept in days. I have a tea for that but short of burning the clothes you have on, I don't know how to help with that. You should visit Edy. Her homemade soaps and shampoos could do wonders with your hair. Maybe."

Letty turned her head so she could study Nevaeha better. "With those glasses and freckles, I can see why you don't go to all the trouble, but really, Ne, that outfit has to go."

Pike was laughing out loud.

Sad thing, she didn't even think the other girl was trying to be cruel. Just honest.

Nevaeha smoothed out her dress. It might be threadbare, but it was clean and this one actually fit her. Well, it wasn't exactly clean. She's been wearing it for two days because she can't bring herself to change in front of her ghostly visitor. "I can make a sleeping potion, same as you. I have about eighty-nine bucks."

"Eighty-nine dollars barely gets you a seat."

"It's important, Letty. I'm trying to help someone."

"You might do that for free, but I have to make a living."

Which she was definitely good at. Her home was small but decorated expensively. The chair she sat in was the softest she'd ever sat in. Letty's living room was decorated for guests. There was an expensive Ouija board, a crystal ball, and potions everywhere, but it was way nicer than any tarot reader's place Nevaeha has ever seen on tv.