3🌕

Sebastian arrived first and actually knocked on her door.

"Still angry with me?" She asked when she found him looking off into the night.

He turned towards her.

"I see you didn't fare too bad." He looked to have no bruises or marks in sight. Wearing old, yet expensive looking jeans and a t-shirt with the Grateful Dead on it, he looked much the same as he always did. Nice. His blond hair was cut short, but stylish. It was like he didn't try hard at all, but he still managed to look the best in whatever room he was in. She curtsied with a smile. "Please come in, kind sir."

Now that she thought about it, she could only think of two who might be as handsome as Sebastian.

Cash Kay and his father Lambert. They were Caspuims. Born to be the perfect men, inside and out. Which was weird because female Caspuims were quite the opposite. When Cash's mother and Lambert's wife died ten years ago, she was the last female Caspuim in their records.

There was also Cato, he was beautiful, even more beautiful than a Caspuim. He was beyond beautiful. Too beautiful for words.

"It's an illusion."

For just a moment, she wondered if he invaded her thoughts, then she remembered who she was dealing with. Sebastian would never do such a thing unless he needed to.

"I feel all the hurts. You just can't see them. The same for Conway, I'm sure."

"I need to learn how to do that. I look like shit."

His eyes went silver, then the bandage on her arm was gone. She turned it over. He was right. The wound looked to be gone but it still hurt. "My face too?"

"Yes."

"I wonder how often Conway looks so perfectly dressed, but he's really in his pjs and slippers?"

She got the small smile she was hoping for. "I think he sleeps in those suits."

Nevaeha did something she'd never done before. She hugged him. "I'm sorry you got hurt and had to fight. I'm sorry about all the trouble I've been lately. Please don't blame yourself. You made the right choice to make it my choice."

He seemed unsure of what to do with his arms. After a moment of thinking about wrapping them around her, he let them drop to his side.

She didn't let that defer her. She squeezed him tighter. "I don't think you and Conway know how much I depend on you."

"None of the troubles have been your fault, Nevaeha. I hope you don't blame yourself."

She sighed and backed away with a sad smile. "We can't be too sure. Here lately I feel like trouble is following me around. You will never know how much it means to me to know I don't have to face any of this on my own. I think all these years my mom kept me from being too close to anyone. I guess she was afraid of what Vallen would do to them. And from what I've seen so far, she was right. I guess I should remember that, but it feels so nice to finally not feel alone."

He looked uncomfortable. "Conway is on the way. I fear you're in for another upsetting night. I hope you remember you are stronger than you know, and you belong. You belong to all of us. Even the ones of us who don't deserve you."