3_4

Having Everett's support or getting Nigel's wink didn't ease her embarrassment. Her life was taking a toll on her sanity.

            Use to, she could at least pretend she wasn't crazy, but now the fact that she was, was no secret to anyone.

            Hell, maybe it never was.

            At home, she opened all the windows and blared the music as loud as she could.

            When that didn't drown Pike out, she sat on the couch and escaped to her dreamworld.

            Right now, facing an angry black cloud that wanted to choke the life from her seemed more appealing than fighting with the dead wolf shifter a moment longer.

            Grey streets and grey clouds greeted her.

            Sebastian once told her that a person's dreamworld was where they felt the most comfortable.

            She could understand the town being her place, but why did it always have to be so dreary? This isn't how she saw the town.

            Where were the flowers in bloom and the sunshine? Where was old man Tucker's bushes that he always shaped into art?

            Keeping her eyes in the direction of Bloodstone land she sat down in the middle of the deserted street.

            She guessed none of that mattered because right now, this was the only place for her to find peace. At least until the ominous killing vision appeared.

            Nevaeha sighed to find that the wolf was back and was sitting right next to her. "I'm tiring of you. I'm supposed to find answers here, but you never have any answers."

            The wolf looked towards Bloodstone land, too.

            "That's okay. I could use quiet right now."

            Much too soon, the black cloud swirled over Vallen's homeland.

            "He's coming again. I wonder what would happen if I didn't run from him this time."

            Another wolf appeared on the street, slowly making its way towards them. Her wolf.

            She's missed him. His coat was of many colors. His eyes were still golden brown and green, but there were fewer flecks of green and no ring when he was in wolf form.

            He took his time walking towards them.

            When he got close enough, she would have reached out to run her fingers through his fur, but he didn't come to her.

            He stopped in front of the other wolf.

            He was twice, even three times, the size of the other wolf. When he nudged his head, the wolf at Nevaeha's side moved closer to him. It did a circle around him before rubbing its self-up against him.

            He nipped at her before giving her a push with his snout. They walked away together.

            Their intimacy was like a slap to Nevaeha's self-esteem. She was pretty sure her wolf just chose that wolf over her.

            It was also very clear that they knew each other well and were about to learn more about each other right now.

            She didn't want him to choose the female wolf over her, but they were already out of sight.

            "If this is an omen, you can keep__."

            She'd been so distracted by the wolves that the black cloud was nearly upon her.

            Its red eyes dripped with malice, and dread was already halfway up her throat. "What do you want from me? What do all of you want from me?"

            A thick black mist encircled her hands, pulling and squeezing tight, while other ropes of black mist gripped her ankles and snaked their way up her legs.

            "My death? Is that what you want from me?"

            "You'll wish for death when I'm done with you."

            With a gasp, she came back into her body.

            "I heard you got chased out of school, so I figured you could fix me lunch." Silas kicked off his shoes and put his feet up on the coffee table. "What was that you cook last night? I could use some more of that."

            He had bruising and swelling under his right eye and his chin. His knuckles were still swollen, and his right hand hurt so badly that he'd made her cut up his veggie burger last night. She guessed she owed him, so she went to cook.