2️⃣6

"What are you doing this time, Nevaeha Roe?"

            She sighed and stared up at the sky. "I was on my way to town when I decided to give up on life. Where are you headed, Mr. Peabody? You're usually at work long before now."

            "I'm headed home, Nevaeha Roe."

            She glanced in his direction and sure enough, his car was headed for home. "I guess I've been laying here longer than I realized."

            "Thank you for the pie, Nevaeha Roe. I believe that was about the best pie I ever ate."

            "I'm glad you enjoyed it, Mr. Peabody."

             "Betty told me that Ben told her that Silas told him that a supernatural serial killer attacked you. Is that correct, Nevaeha Roe? I don't reckon I want that kind of behavior going on right down the road from my house."

            "I'll try to remember that, Mr. Peabody."

            "See that you do. Daniel Logan was in the store asking about you. He said if I saw you to let you know, he wouldn't mind a visit from you."

            She sat up. "Is he feeling unwell?"

            "He said he felt right fine, but he has some questions he wants to ask you about his nephew."

            "Oh." She laid back down, only to sit back up. "Daniel Logan doesn't have any family."

            "Comes to find out he does. Something about a sister he didn't know about. I don't like gossip, so I'll let him explain it to you."

            "Thank you for relaying the message, Mr. Peabody. I'll owe you two pies next time."

            He started to drive away, stopped, and backed up. "Maybe I shouldn't be the one to tell you this, but since you might have no one else, I'm going to. If you are going to have a man live with you, then you should think about birth control."

            "He's like a_." He drove away before she could finish. "Brother. An unwanted brother."

            "The whole town knows you're a whore. I bet they are all talking about you behind your back. Do you really think that they believe that load of shit about you being innocent? You're a whore and you were born a whore."

            "You don't even make sense. Leave me alone before you make me do something I don't want to do."

            "I'm going to laugh my ass off when Vallen kills you for betraying him. I'm going to cover myself in your blood and weep with joy."

            "You don't understand how being dead works, do you? You can't do anything. Go into the light, Pike. Find a way to redeem yourself and be reborn."

            "Never. Never will I give you a moment of peace."

            That could very well be true.

            When the meeting was called, she ignored the summons. Vallen would be there, and she'd been ordered to miss the next few meetings. Even though the meeting was about her. They always seemed to be about her these days.

            She laid back on the road.

            "I would wish that someone would run over you, but that would be too merciful a kill. Are you going to just keep walling in self-pity? You are a weak and pathetic witch."

            "No. I'm only going to allow myself five more minutes, then I'm going to visit Charlotte, and then Daniel Logan, then I need to pick up the vegetables that Ms. Fresquez has for me. Daniel Logan is a warlock, you know. Maybe he will know a nice way for me to send you to hell."