Twenty 🧙‍♀️one

Thanks to Conway and his tea, she felt no pain.

            Julio looked like he was in enough pain for the both of them. He was the closest thing they had to a doctor. Too bad he couldn't bear to see people hurting.

            She spent most of the time reassuring him she was alright.

            "This is a clean cut. I'd swear it was done with a very sharp blade. I can give you antibiotics__."

            "I have a spell that will work better than that. Leave it to me, Julio." Conway ordered.

            "I will. Nevaeha, keep it dry and clean. Rest for a few days. You lost a lot of blood."

            "I'm fine, Julio. I promise."

            "Okay, then. Call me if you have questions."

            Conway was shaking his head sadly as Julio left the room.

            "Conway, be nice. He's the dearest man."

            He rolled his eyes. "Do you think if I leave you for a few hours so I can freshen up that you won't upset the whole town and get yourself killed?"

            "I'll try." She promised.

            "Good. Silas is awaking and I can't be around him without wanting to sacrifice him."

            "Conway!"

            He pointed a bony finger at her. "There are some things you cannot fix, but you can fix that problem, and I demand that you do."

            She sighed.

            Silas had bed hair, and he was glaring at Conway as the other man left the room. "He's rude."

            "I like to see it as refreshingly direct."

            He looked at her bandage arm. "I should have called them, Neevy. I thought it was just another one of your spells. Want some pie? I saved you a slice."

            "I'm fine... what do you mean, a slice? Silas, there were three pies in there."

            "You can't blame me, Neevy. I was upset."

            "One of those pies was for your mother."

            He waved away her concern. "Trust me, she doesn't need any pie. She's always saying it goes straight to her hips, and she's not lying. Are you going into town today?"

            "I guess I should go see your mom and get it over with."