sevenTeen

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone uglier than you. The only good thing about death is that I don't have to smell the stink of you anymore."

            It took most dead people months to be seen and heard, but not Pike. Hate fueled him. And hate was a powerful thing.

            How in the hell was she going to get rid of him?

            "I find it funny that you think you need a spell to keep him away. There's no way he could want you. You want me to tell you who he's with right now?"

            No. Last night she'd heard enough on that subject. If Pike wasn't lying, Vallen had two different partners last night.

            She'd like to think Pike was lying.

            "I can't wait to watch him wrap his hands around your throat and squeeze the life from you."

            "Why don't you go to hell?"

            "You wish. You are never getting rid of me, witch."

            He was faint. His head was attached, but there was a jagged scar around his throat and blood stain coating his neck and chest.

            To stop from having to look at him, she sat on her couch and closed her eyes. She couldn't sleep with his mouth running, but there was a place where she could hide from him.

            Using the necklace in her hand, she shadowed Bethany's aunt. After a few hours away she was reassured that she was on the right track to bettering Bethany's life. The sooner she could see to that, the better. After Bethany was okay, then she could figure out how to send a ghost on his way, catch a killer, and get rid of a mate she didn't want.