Honesty Falls Handbook Page 6

Honesty Falls

Handbook

Page 6

Moving Requests

These are taken seriously and before we can place your name on our town lottery list, one must endure a long process.

Do you qualify?

Any members of the town who do not have the blood of a founding father may put in for a relocation permit. (As a town, we advise large families or families with young children to not request a transfer. It is a long, grueling process and a nearly impossible goal to achieve. We also advise that any town members who have spent time in jail or have ever been fined for abusing magic to not request for a move. You will be denied until your record has been cleared. Help on how to clean your record can be found on page 36.)

For town members who qualify for a moving transfer, the first step is a written request for every member of the family who wishes to relocate. (Please keep in mind that we've had no one move to our town of their own freewill in six years. Please also keep in mind that when any of our town members see an outsider is showing an interest in moving to our town, we do intense background checks on these individuals and if no magic is found in their bloodlines or they possess no knowledge of magic, then we find it best for the town to encourage these individuals to move elsewhere.)

Once your request has been accepted, then the town requires each member of the family who are above five years old to meet with town officials to be evaluated. If all family members pass this step in the process, then the needed paperwork needs to be filed. All paperwork has to be filed with city hall and the town council. Once this step is completed, then family members have to pass two more evaluations, one with town officials and one with the town council, before we will place their names on the list.

If you have made it this far, congratulations!

The order of the names is chosen, and you wait. (Order is very important so we have town members who can sit down with you and help advise you. You would not want to put a child's name on the list first, then that child gets chosen to leave and that child not have a guardian on the other side of the town line. Anyone whose name is skip because of circumstances that can't be help, then that name goes to the end of the list. The town recommends that no one allows their name to be moved to the bottom of the list. It is highly unlikely that anyone who is overlooked will ever be given a second chance.)

(Also, keep in mind that a person's name can be removed from the list at any time for the abuse of magic or for a town member sharing town secrets.)