▹ System 4͎3͎༓

───────・༓ ❦ ༓・───────

4 years later

The long waiting line that Taehyun and Beomgyu were in, grew shorter as someone left the cash register. That someone was looking so happy even though they just spent a fortune on a headset and game. "Can you believe that today is already Tower of Challedency's 3rd year anniversary?" Taehyun smiled

Beomgyu just shrugged his shoulders. "What I find harder to believe is that this game became the best-selling video game in history. I mean it's probably just because it's the first game that was introduced with LCVR technology, it's all crazy expensive too, even after 3 years the waiting lines are too long and it's always out of stock, this makes no sense. But I guess I'm happy for my father, he's a billionaire now."

"Yah Beomgyu why're you surprised by the success? The team made every change you told them to do and look how well it turned out."

The player isn't given a sexual orientation anymore, they can be of any gender and like who they want. Every character has the same personality as in the prototype but they made those personalities more lovable.

It came out as a surprise, but Soobin and Yeonjun's cruelty towards Kai was actually a huge bug. They were actually meant to adore Kai so the developers fixed that immediately.
That duo being gay was also a glitch but the developers decided to roll with it, those two were overall really buggy which explains how they could see the two players being a couple while the other characters couldn't comprehend it.

"Excuse me..."

Taehyun turned around only to see a bunch of Japanese girls completely losing it over his presence. "You're Kang Taehyun, like the one in the game right?!!"

"You're my favorite actor too!! Can I have a pic??"

"I love your character in the game! We even became boyfriend and girlfriend in my playthrough~ Whenever I feel down I cuddle with you." That was something he didn't want to hear.

The fan girls were quite noisy which was attracting attention and soon enough the whole shop was crowding Taehyun.

⧏═══⨨═══⧐

"Wahh... I can't believe we managed to buy the game and make it out alive." Taehyun sighed as he let himself fall on their couch back at home, he was completely energy drained. "It really is safer to wear a face mask, I've learned my lesson."

Hands in his pockets, Beomgyu walked towards the guy with a blank face. "Taehyun, can I convince the team to remove your lookalike from the game?"

"They already paid me millions in exchange for that, but why remove it though? Are you tired of me being recognised on the streets?"

"That's not the main reason.." Beomgyu sat beside him. "I looked at some polls online and I learned that the 'Kang Taehyun character' is the one that players tend to crush on, flirt with, fuck and get together with the most. Asuka coming second."

Taehyun tilted his head. "So..?"

"So uh.. I don't know I just don't really like that I guess.." Beomgyu's cheeks grew a little rosy as he rubbed his neck. "I mean aren't you uncomfortable? Millions of people are out there forming a relationship with a character that's basically you..."