𝟓𝟐. 30 days without an accident

WHITE FLAG

chapter fifty-two : 30 days without an accident
{ season four - episode one }

chapter fifty-two : 30 days without an accident{ season four - episode one }

KLOE WOKE UP to the feeling of someone leaving her arms. She opened her eyes, squinting them tightly as the bright sun shined through the windows of the prison.

Her eyes landed on her husband, who rubbed his hand down his face. His jet black hair had gotten longer. Glenn peered over his bare shoulder, feeling his wife's eyes on him.

His hand snaked into hers as he sent her a warm smile. She did the same, brushing a strand of her long hair out of her face. "Are you sure you wanna come today?" he pondered.

She sat upright, her free hand brushing through Glenn's thick hair. "Yes, I'm sure. I'm not gonna not come just because I threw up last night, Glenn."

"Mhm," he hummed, nodding his head. He lifted her hand up with his, pressing soft kisses on her knuckles. "I was just saying if you didn't feel well enough to go, you shouldn't feel like you're being forced to."

"Yeah, I know that," she responded, nodding with a soft smile. "But I feel fine. So I am going." Glenn smiled at her, bringing his lips onto hers. Once they pulled away, Glenn climbed off of their double bed, grabbing onto a shirt that was folded on a chair.

Kloe sighed, examining their room. It had been six months since Woodbury had moved into the prison. Everything was going well. Aside from a certain time thirty days before when they had gone on a run - someone had gotten bit.

It wasn't a good time. But after, it got better. Beth had a small board in her cell a few cells down from the Rhees'. On the board said, 30 days without an accident.

It had been the longest it had been in a while. Kloe finally got out of bed, adjusting her tank top's strap that hung off her shoulder. She grabbed onto her sage green cargo pants.

Once she buttoned them up, she watched her husband exit their cell, a white sheet covering the entrance to it. Overall, the large group in the prison shared C-Block and D-Block. Most people that came in from Woodbury lived in D-Block, while the original prison group and a few other people from Woodbury lived in C-Block.

Before Kloe followed Glenn, she crouched down beside the doorway, scanning the amount of arrows she had in her quiver. Nine. That was enough. She grabbed onto the strap of it, throwing it over her shoulder.

She lastly grasped onto her one and only bow that had lasted with her for the total of living in the apocalypse. She stepped out of the cell, a breeze hitting her skin. Her eyes scanned the room, spotting no one in sight apart from Glenn, who was waiting for her.

"Got everything?" he asked her, adjusting his holster around his thigh.

"Yep," she replied, grabbing onto one of the drop leg holsters. She wrapped it around her thigh, adjusting the tightness of it until it was just right. Glenn held out his hand, the gun she always used sitting within it.