Chapter IX

Aileron lifted her unusually heavy helm and glanced out the window. Blue sky and white clouds greeted her optics. "The ship must have taken off yesterday." Aileron yawned.
Yesterday. The word rang in her helm. Aileron blinked as the previous events came back. Skylynx! Darksteel! Aileron thought looking around the room. She sharply turned her helm and felt something slide off. It hit the floor with a light thud. Aileron glanced down and saw Skylynx curled up in a ball. The Predacon sparkling opened his eyes and blinked at her. Skylynx yawned and crawled over to nestle between her servos. Aileron reached up and picked up the other weight on her helm. Darksteel hung limply in her claws. He blinked and waved his tail in a greeting. "Why did you stacis on my helm?" Aileron asked. Darksteel croaked at her. "Who am I kidding. You're still I sparkling, you probably have no clue what I'm saying." Aileron sighed. Darksteel began to wiggle around. She set him down and he scurried over to join Skylynx. The she-dragon sighed. Aileron stood up and earned to squawks of protest. "You two are going to get hungry." Aileron said. The sparklings chirped at her with sad optics. Aileron lowered her helm. "I'll be right back." She said.
Suddenly the morning bell screeched through the intercom. Darksteel and Skylynx hissed. "Everyone hates the bell." Aileron said. The two sparklings continued to hiss even after the bell stopped. Aileron looked at them curious. She turned her helm just as the doors slid open for Starscream. "Megatron wants to see both of us immediately." Starscream said. Aileron rolled her optics at him and started to move towards the door. Two squawks of protest made her turn her helm. Darksteel and Skylynx were looking at her. She tapped the floor with a claw. "Stay here, I'll be back." Aileron said. The two sparklings blinked and laid down.

Megatron was waiting for them with Blackout. "Took you long enough." Blackout said. Starscream glared at him. "I've decided to give you two a second chance." Megatron said. "What is if you want us to do." Aileron said. "The Insecticons have taken shelter not to far from here. Destroy them." Megatron said. Aileron titled her helm. "Why?" She asked going through her jumbled memory. "Why? Those bugs attacked us!" Blackout said staring daggers at her. "Where are they hiding." Aileron said ignoring Blackout. "Shockwave's destroyed laboratory." Megatron said. "You mean the one where the Predacon clones were." Starscream said. Aileron blinked confused. "Yes Starscream, the one where the clones were destroyed." Blackout said. The two mechs glared at each other. Clones? That can't be right Aileron thought. The hatch lowered and Blackout transformed. "Wait. He's coming." Starscream said. Megatron nodded. "Just to make sure you actually fight in this battle." Megatron said. Starscream scowled and transformed. Aileron stretched out her wings. The helicopter and jet took off. Aileron beat her wings and soared out of the Nemesis. She glanced down and saw how high they already were. She heard a curse and saw Starscream and Blackout fighting to be in the lead. "Mechs." Aileron grumbled angling her wings so she flew under and past the quarreling mechs.