Chapter XVII

"Alright you're all done." Ratchet said collecting his tools and stepping off the stool. Aileron rolled over and stretched her crapped wings. "Hey watch it!" Ratchet snapped pushing her wing away from his faceplate. "Sorry." Aileron said. The she-dragon stood up and glanced over at the two sparklings. Skylynx had curled up on the floor and Darksteel was draped over his back. Both were in recharge. Aileron chuckled and moved over to them. She lowered her helm and gently nosed the two. Darksteel whined and rolled over causing him to fall over. He landed beside Skylynx and went back to recharge. Aileron rolled her optics and picked them both up by their scruff bars. "Are they . . . yours?" Ratchet asked. Aileron turned her helm in his direction. "Not by blood but by bond." Aileron said with a hint of pride. They might be clones but she was going to raise them as originals. Ratchet nodded in understanding. Aileron turned back towards the door. She used her tail-tip to hit the panel and exited the med bay. She stepped out into the hallway and began to head back towards to the main room. Aileron lifted her helm slightly as her audio receptors picked up the sounds of commotion. She turned the corner and saw the Autobots looking at something. "What do you-"
"WHAT IS THE DRAGON DOING HERE!?" Aileron was interrupted by Miko. The human was glaring at her. "Easy Miko." Bulkhead said collecting her into his servos. The green mech glared at her as well. "Are those baby Predacons?" A human youngling with squares on his optics said. "Ail!" Primaltone cried turning away from the group and running over. Darksteel and Skylynx slowly opened their optics and chirped happily at the sight of Primaltone. Aileron lowered her helm and set them down. "Friend!" Skylynx cried as he tackled Primaltone. "You got bigger and talk!" The little femme laughed. "She knows them?" A more older boy said. Primaltone pushed Skylynx off her and stood up. "Jack, Miko, Raf! Come meet Skylynx and Darksteel!" Primaltone called. "No way. I am not going to get captured again." Miko huffed. Jack and Raf looked reluctant as well. Aileron ignored them and turned towards the group. "What did you find?" Aileron asked. "Ah rock with weird scribbles on it." Jazz said. "Jazz!" Bulkhead snapped. "Wha? No one 'ere can read it so wha's tha use?" Jazz said in defense. Aileron stepped forward and looked at this 'rock'. It was a tablet made out of stone. "Where did you find this?" Aileron breathed. "You know what this is?" Optimus asked. The blue Predacon nodded. "It fell from da sky an hit ma helm while ah was scoutin'." Jazz said. "This aren't scribbles. Its Predjargon." Aileron said, her optics scanning the tablet. "Predjargon?" Bumblebee said confused. "It's the written language of Predacons."
"I didn't think the Predacons were smart enough for writing." Bulkhead said. Aileron shot a glare at him. "What does it say?" Optimus said. "It's a message from..." Aileron raised her helm and widened her optics in shock. "From who?" Jazz said. "It's from Zephyr." Aileron breathed.