Chapter XXXV

Dawn pierced through the clouds like a needle through fabric. The rays of light a welcomed joy after the storm.
Aileron stood and stretched her stiff joints. She had been laying in front of the bridge for a few hours now. The mechanical dragon yawned and shook her body. "How much do they need to pack up?" Aileron said to herself. She lifted each of her pedes and flexed her claws. She wasn't to terribly tired, but she was a little anxious.

She was just about to activate the comm attached to her helm when a familiar hum filled her audio receptors. "Finally!" Aileron sighed. She began to move away from the space bridge but paused. Decepticons had the same technology. Aileron planted herself back infront of the precious portal and readied for an attack. She inhaled the scents around her and relaxed slightly.
"Carrier!" Darksteel and Skylynx cried as they burst through the trees. Aileron gave them a welcoming growl and nuzzled each of their helms.

"Was there any trouble?"
Aileron raised her helm to see the black and yellow scout. "Nothing. Where's Optimus?" Aileron asked. "He's back there. We've got a trailer hooked up to him that contains some supplies so its not as easy to transform." Bumblebee explained. Aileron nodded and gave herself one final stretch. "Shall we go then?" Aileron asked. "Prime?" Bumblebee shouted.
"Go ahead!" Optimus responded.
Aileron glanced at her younglings before stepping into the swirling bridge. Darksteel followed on her left while Skylynx was on her right. Bumblebee transformed and drove behind her as the other members entered behind him. After many years, the Autobots were returning to Cybertron.

^^^

I could feel it. Life humming through my systems once again. My optics opened to see walls surrounding me. Resting against said walls were the withered forms of the faithful Cybertronians who followed me here. I let out a rusted sigh. I saved them from the destruction I was promised, but I couldn't save them from time. I pressed a servo against the wall and stood. Metal screaming filled the cave as my gears moved for the first time in Primus knows how long. I turned my helm and looked at the offline mechs and femmes. "I will spread word of your faith and loyalty to me." I said approaching the mechanism bolted into the wall. I grasped the handle and pulled it down. I felt relieved as the door I had carefully crafted moved back. Light rushed in and I welcomed it. I didn't raise a servo to block the beauty washing over me.

I took a step forward, and another, and another, untill I was outside. My optics looked to the sky automatically. A grin slowly formed on my faceplate. No longer did Predacons litter the sky. It had worked. I felt my spark pulse with joy...then it stilled. A dread I had not acknowledged began to take hold. My optics looked down and the land. My people were gone as well, leaving Cybertron bare. I knelt and pressed a servo to the ground. I closed my optics and searched for the divine presence of my creator. I only felt the cold emptiness of my home planet. I clenched my servos and threw my helm back. My optics flased open and were filled with rage. "You lied to me!" I shouted, " you promised me only the Predacons would fall! You lied to me, Unicron!"

Hello!
Sorry if this chapter jumps around a little but I wanted to get this chapter out so I could work on other stories!
Also new mystery character ;)
Wonder who it is . . . I'll tell you this he/she isn't an OC!