Chapter XXI

An ancient yellow Predacon strode across the den where her sleeping sparkmate lay in recharge. She smiled softly at the sight. After many restless nights, he had finally been granted a peaceful recharge. The ancient yellow reached under her wing and gently took the energon cube in her jaws. She placed it beside his onyx helm. "My love." The femme Predacon said gently nosing him with her snout. The onyx mech gave a low grumble and slightly shifted away. The femme sighed. "Stargazer, wake up you lazy beast." She said poking him with a claw. Stargazer showed no sign that he had even heard her. The ancient yellow took a few steps back. The only other way to wake her mate would trigger a negative reaction, but she had to wake him. "Onyx!" She called. Instantly his optics went online and he let out a growl. "Prima. If that his you I will tear out your spark! I will never forgive you for..." Stargazer paused and sniffed the air. His blind optics softened. "Zephyr, I am sorry for frightening you." Stargazer said standing and turning his helm in the direction of her voice. "Don't be. I was not afraid." Zephyr said approaching her mate. "You lie." The old Predacon said gently nuzzling her. "My love, you know not to call me by that name." Stargazer said. "I know, but there is urgent matters I need to discuss with you." Zephyr said slightly lowering her yellow helm. "Its the energon, is it not." Stargazer said reaching out a claw till in touched the cube. "Yes. Sadly, there is only enough to last two years at most. I asked Avalon to guard and ration the remaining energon." Zephyr said. Stargazer raised an optic ridge.
"You do not trust the other Predacons?"
"No! Of course I trust them, but I've seen what desperation can do."
Stargazer wrapped a wing around his sparkmate's shoulder, knowing she was referring to the Great Cataclysm. Before his sight had withered, he had found her barely online among the slain. After treating her injuries, the two had gone back to the battleground and managed to find six eggs along with four newly hatched sparklings. Hopefully the youngling he had trapped in ice would arrive soon. The Predacons needed a younger leader to hold the Drachen Matrix. (Drachen=Dragon)
"Have you seen Aileron in your dreams?" Zephyr asked. Stargazer chuckled. Sometimes he wounded if his mate could read minds. "I saw her receive the tablet. I have faith she will soon return." The onyx Predacon said.

There you go Sparks! A little Predacon preview. The next chapter will continue with Aileron and the Autobots.

If you think you know who Stargazer really is tell me in the comments!