Chapter XXVII

"Remind me what we're looking for out here." Speed said stepping over a pile of rubble. A couple yards in front of her was a sapphire Predacon with neon green highlights. Cascade turned her helm and blinked her blue optics. "Energon mostly, if there's any left on Cybertron. Storm also said to keep an optic out for crystals." Cascade said. The two were currently searching a building that they had recently found. Speed narrowed her optics at a slab covering a doorway. "Hey Cas I found something!" Speed called after moving the slab. The blue femme was beside the other Predacon in a flash. "Ugh it smells awful. What is the cause." Cascade said placing a pede over her muzzle. Speed shook her helm. The strong mell of corrosion flowed out from the unlit area. Speed opened her jaws and felt the electricity snap around her teeth. Light formed from the electricity giving the two younglings a glimpse inside. Cascade screeched as pale, offline optics greeted them. Speed jumped back and crashed into another slab. Cascade quickly went over to her. "Did you hurt yourself." Cascade asked. "Fine." Speed said standing up. She turned to see the slab was covering a generator. "What was that." Cascade said glancing over at the dark doorway. "Let's find out." Speed said. Once again she electrified her fangs and sank them into the generator. Sparks shot out and eventually the machine hummed with power. The doorway lit up to reveal a lab. Cascade moved back towards the entry. Speed soon joined her. Cascade's spark shattered at the inside. Offline sparklings lay on berths attached to machines. Purple cords were attached to their helms and linked to a monitor. A few more were chained to the wall. "Primus..." Cascade whispered. "I'll scrap those Transformers and drag them to the Pits!" Speed roared. Anger flared in Cascade's blue optics. "Let's get them out of here." She said. Speed nodded and smashed the chains with her claws. The sparklings slumped onto the floor and collapsed. Cascade removed the cords and pulled them off the berths. "And they call us beasts." Speed growled as she loaded the sparklings onto her back. "Let's at least give them a better resting place." Cascade said doing the same.

They had a total of eight sparklings.

Cascade gently placed the offline on the ground and began to haul rocks over. Speed lay the ones on her back beside them and started to arrange the rocks into a dome around the sparklings. "Why sparklings. Why did their families do nothing to save them." Speed said catching a rock from falling onto the sparkling transformers. She placed it towards the top. "Primus knows, surely no star made them do this." Cascade said placing a keystone in the middle. Speed sighed and turned away from the finished tomb. Cascade silently followed. "Let's hope there are no more horrors." Speed said.

The two younglings re-entered the building and continued to search. They went down a corridor away from the lab and found the corridor split into three directions. Left, Right, or forward. "Which way do we go?" Speed said. Cascade poked her helm around the right side. "There's a big hole in the wall down there!" Cascade said going around the corner. "So? What's interesting about that?" Speed said following her packmate. Her optics widened. The corridor opened up to a large room with a hole in the wall. "That doesn't look like an accident." Speed said entering the room.
Cascade was sniffing the frame that surrounded the hole. "It smells like energon." Cascade said.
Speed noticed a set of controls not far from the hole in the wall. The wingless Predacon tapped a claw on the panel and a pink-ish screen flickered on. "Its some kind of transporter." Speed said. Cascade scurried over to her. "Where does it go?" Cascade asked, curious. Speed narrowed her optics at the square-ish symbols. "Er....Er...Earth?" Speed said trying to read the Transformer langue. "Earth? Do you think there's energon there!" Cascade chirped, wagging her tail in excitement. Speed lowered her helm and tore open the bottom part. "Looks like there's a backup system, maybe if I just..." Speed mumbled as she placed a claw inside. The machine sparked and smoke began to emit from it. "Fire!" Cascade said pulling Speed away. The blue youngling opened her jaws and sprayed water inside. The machine hummed and clicked. "Hey, look at the hole." Speed said. Cascade turned her helm and saw blue/green light flashing inside. "What happened?" Cascade said stepping away from the machine. The light flashed several times before staying in one place. The two looked at the swirling entrance. "This must be how the transformers transported themselves." Cascade said. She turned to look at Speed.
"Should we go tell the others?"
The wingless Predacon hummed. "Nah, we can do that later. Let's see if it goes to that Earth place." Speed said taking a step towards the swirling light. Cascade wiggled around her packmate. "Let's go, slowpoke!" She called. Speed growled. "I am not slow!" Speed said racing down the shimmering tunnel with Cascade.

Hello Sparks!
First of all ,thank you all so much for supporting this story and getting it to 3.45k views!
Now I'm going to apologize for not updating in awhile. I had a small case of writer's block and my freshman year of highschool will be starting in a few days. Thankfully I fought off the block and now my ideas have returned!
And there is a reason for sending Speed and Cascade to Earth which you will see in the next chapter ;)