Chapter XXIII

"E-Easy." Jack said holding his palms up towards the young Predacon. Darksteel glanced over at his brother before taking a step closer. He narrowed his golden optics and let out a low growl. Jack gulped and stumbled backwards. Darksteel had grown larger then a train and towered over Jack. "Nice uh...dragon." Jack said. Darksteel huffed and shook his helm. "You're not fun. Skylynx! Can I wanna play with Raf!" Darksteel called as he turned towards his brother. "What's the matter, Jack?" Raf called from atop Skylynx's helm. "I not comfortable with a gigantic dragon trying to wrestle with me!" Jack said. Darksteel ignored him and trotted over to Skylynx and Raf. "Was Jack too grumpy." Primaltone giggled as she rubbed Darksteel's muzzle. Jack sighed and rolled his eyes. "Why do we have to babysit the Predacons." Miko grumbled. "Why did I have to stay behind." Bulkhead said. "Optimus promised that the sparklings would be looked after while Aileron and the others were aboard the Nemesis. You, Bulkhead, are still recovering." Ratchet said getting irritated by all the complaints. "Jazz went." Bulkhead said. "Jazz had less damage." Ratchet said. "Why are Predacons even here. Aileron was the one that attacked Bulk and tried to kidnap me!" Miko said glaring at the two sparklings. "Don't remind me." Bulkhead mumbled. "Now Miko, I know you have mixed feelings with Aileron but she, Darksteel, and Skylynx are our allies." Primaltone said. Miko crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.
Suddenly Ironhide's voice rang through the comm.
::Ratchet, we need a bridge.::
The old medic turned to the controls and quickly opened up the ground bridge. Sideswipe came charging through and collided with Bulkhead. "Uh...oops." Sideswipe said standing up. Bulkhead groaned as Bumblebee then Ironhide ran through. The two mechs helped Bulkhead up as Ultra Magnus came through. "That's all of us." Magnus said nodding at Ratchet. The medic closed the bridge. Darksteel and Skylynx scurried forward. Bumblebee picked Raf up from Skylynx's helm as he ran by. "Carrier?!" Darksteel called towards the powered off machine. Skylynx ruffled his wings and called for Aileron as well. "Maybe she didn't make it." Miko said rather coldly. Primaltone gasped and looked at Miko in shock. The sparklings whipped their helms towards the human teen and screeched. Bulkhead took a protective step in front of Miko. "Aileron jumped through another ground bridge to fight Soundwave. She'll come back." Bumblebee said trying to calm the Predacons down.
Meanwhile Ratchet entered in another set of coordinates and opened a bridge for Optimus, Arcee, and Jazz. Sure enough, the three bots jogged through and the tablet half was in Jazz's servos. Darksteel and Skylynx's optics darkened. Skylynx rushed forward and bit the digits around the rock. "Aye!" Jazz cried as he released his hold. Skylynx dragged the tablet back between him and his brother. The two sparklings sat on it protectively and growled at the Autobots. "Where is our Carrier." Darksteel demanded. "Scaley was fightin' off Megs and Sound. She'll be callin' us real soon." Jazz said flexing his digits. Just as Jazz said that a familiar, noble voice came through the comm.
::I need a ground bridge.::
The two young Predacons relaxed at Aileron's voice. Ratchet moved his servo towards the controls.
"WAIT!"
Everyone turned towards Miko. "We've got the other half. We don't need Aileron anymore, just leave her and maybe Megatron can finish her." Miko said jumping off of the couch. Darksteel roared and shot a weak fireball at her. Bulkhead threw his arm out and blocked the fire's path. "Open the bridge, Ratchet." Optimus said.
::It should be right in front of you.:: Ratchet responded as he pulled the lever down. "But-"
"Miko, we never abandon our allies." Optimus said. Miko looked down at her shoes as Aileron flew into the base. Skylynx and Darksteel chirped with joy and scurried over to her.

Hello Sparks!
Thank you guys for giving me a little time to recover :)

Also . . .

THIS STORY HAS REACHED 2.03K VIEWS AND 300 VOTES

Thanks so much Sparks!
I hope you continue to vote, view, and comment :D