Chapter XXXVIII

Firelight was somewhat surprised by the mass disorganization of the structure. The stories he had been told depicted Transformers to be clever and of an intelligence similar to Predacons, so why was the inside so messy?
Old energon stained the floor in some spots, tools lay broken beside overturned tables, and wires were hanging out of devices on the walls. A chill ran down his back making him shudder. "This place is weird..." Firelight said quietly.

He passed through an entrance with shards of a see-through material (glass) still clinging to the wall. A single light hung from the ceiling and it would sometimes flicker on. This part of the structure lacked the clutter of the other room, but still wasn't clean. What he guessed were storage lockers lined one wall while a panel covered with carvings of squares lined the other. Curious, He placed his front pedes on top and pushed his upper half up to get a better look. To his surprise a square moved downwards under the pressure from his claw. An image flickered before him causing Firelight to jump back in surprise and his back pede landed in something slick. It slid out from under him and Firelight crashed onto the floor also landing in the slick substance. The youngling groaned and rolled out of it and onto dry ground. He stood and saw the substance was leaking from one of the lockers. Firelight lowered his snout and sniffed it, only to immediately pull it back due to the stench. It smelled like energon, but of a much higher grade. Firelight shook his helm to clear out the smell and turned to look back at the image. It showed an diagram of a transformer with unreadable scribbles beside it. The diagram showed a transformer with a damaged arm, then with the arm gone, and then an undamaged arm. Firelight felt his tanks turn. "Transformers removed body parts? That's just gross." Firelight said.

^^^

The mech was clearly old and lost or maybe just really stupid. He walled down the twisting tunnel with a servo on the wall. Completely unaware of the femme watching him. She didn't have shadow abilities, but her black and purple coloring hid her well enough. There was silver as well, but she was smart enough to keep it out of direct light. She tilted her helm as he entered the main chamber. "One of the vermin's nest. Ironic that I end up here." the unkown said. He didn't sound like the transformers which attacked the first time. In fact the way he carried himself was different. The femme angled her wings in preparation for flight. If she blocked the entrance it would leave him startled and vulnerable for a few moments.

That was all the time she needed

Her wings easily carried her across the room and she landed in front of the tunnel. The unknown whirled around and his optics widened in shock. "No! That's-" he started before she lunged at him. One of her claws caught his chestplate and sent him spiraling away. "This is impossible! You should be dead! Destroyed!" the unknown shouted. "Sorry to disappoint." the femme Predacon said. She reared up and slammed her front pedes against the floor. Thunder echoed around them as lightning lashed out from the ground and struck the old mech. A frustrated roar escaped him as he thrusted an arm in the Predacon's direction. "W-What?!" he grunted as the electricity began to slip through his armor. He grunted as his knee joints gave out and he collapsed onto the ground. "H-How? I can't summon my weapons." the unknown said glaring daggers at the femme. "Paralysis. It's a side effect." she replied.

"Nova Muse? What's going on?" a male voice called. The unknown managed to look in the direction of the voice before the paralysis claimed his helm. His optics trembled with rage as a gold Predacon with red tipped metal walked out of another passageway. "Sunny! We have a visitor!" Nova called. "I've told you not to call me that, Nova." the golden Predacon sighed walking towards the two. "Alright Sunmover relax. I caught this old mech trying to sneak in." Nova said rolling the unknown over with her claw so he faced upwards. "Transformers." Sunmover cursed upon seeing Nova Muse's captive. "Did he hurt you?" Sunmover asked. "No. I paralyzed him pretty quickly." the femme said. "Good. Storm Hide should be informed about the situation." Sunmover said. "Yup. At least Blitzkrieg will be happy about this. I don't get why she has such a fascination with transformers." Nova said scooping the unknown up with her tail. "I think she calls it her "fandom". Whatever that means." Sunmover said following Nova Muse down a side passageway.

Hello Sparks!
Sorry this update took so long. My parents kept making me do things because sitting on the couch and typing on my phone in my pajamas is apparently a crime. Hope you guys are having a great summer!

-North