Chapter XV

The ground bridge opened up and the two mechs stepped through. "This is where you left her." Ultra Magnus said scanning the area. "This is where we told her to wait. I was planning on opening a second bridge to let her back into base-"
::Optimus, I'm picking up four life signals, sending you the coordinates.:: Ultra Magnus said into his comm. "Hey! Were you even listening to me!" Sideswipe said annoyed and offended.
::Approach with caution.:: Optimus replied.
::Understo-::
"OH MY PRIMUS LOOK, ITS MEGATRON!"
Ultra Magnus whirled around and aimed his cannons at . . . trees. Sideswipe snickered. "Where did you see Megatron." Ultra Magnus said. "I didn't. I was just making sure you knew I was still here." Sideswipe said. The older mech sighed and rolled his optics. "Let's move." Ultra Magnus said walking in the direction of the signals. "Hey! Don't leave your teammates behind." Sideswipe said scrambling to catch up. "You should know that being the leader of the Wreckers." Sideswipe said. "You should know to show respect to a higher officer, since you're Ironhide's creation." Ultra Magnus said. Sideswipe growled. This was not going to be a pleasant mission.

∆∆∆

Aileron tensed up at a loud shout.
"OH MY PRIMUS LOOK, ITS MEGATRON!"
Darksteel and Skylynx growled. Primaltone blinked, confused by the sudden change in the Predacons.
~Protect and fight!~ Skylynx said through their bond. The larger sparkling scurried forward and was stopped by Aileron's pede. "Oh no you don't, stay here." Aileron said. Skylynx croaked at her with pleading optics.
~Wanna help.~ Darksteel said joining in. Aileron nudged Skylynx back into the cave. "Stay here and protect each other, I won't be gone long." Aileron said. Skylynx huffed and flopped onto the ground. Primaltone patted his helm. "Creator doesn't let me fight either." Primaltone said.
Aileron turned away from the cave and started towards the area the shout had come from. She dared not fly, fearing whatever was out there would see her take off point and therefore know where the cave was.

∆∆∆

Ultra Magnus stopped and help out a servo. "One of the signals is moving." Magnus said. "Think its Primaltone?" Sideswipe said. "I doubt it. I'll investigate the other three, you stay here." Ultra Magnus said. Sideswipe groaned. Magnus ignored him and continued on.

A couple of minutes later a blue Predacon stepped out. "Scrap." Sideswipe muttered as the Predacon came closer with narrowed optics. She growled and raised her wings slightly. "You wanna fight!" Sideswipe said getting into a battle stance. Aileron raised her helm high and snarled.

∆∆∆

Magnus pushed through the undergrowth and spotted a cave. He pulled out a cannon and approached the entrance. "Primaltone?..." Magnus called. He faintly heard the sounds of movement before something smacked into him. Ultra Magnus cursed as the thing bit his servo. In one swift motion he grabbed it an hurled it against the cliff side. His optics narrowed as the Predacon sparkling squawked and landed awkwardly on the ground. "I'll be doing you a favor." Ultra Magnus said aiming his cannon.

∆∆∆

Aileron stopped her advance at the sound of a painful squawk. Skylynx! Aileron thought. The red mech jumped forward trying to tackle her. Aileron sidestepped and charged back towards the cave. Fool! How could you leave them so defenseless! They can't even fly yet! Aileron thought as she trampled through trees. The logs snapped and broke as the she rushed past. Her wings snapped out and she flew just above the treetops. Aileron felt a surge of anger at the sight of a blue mech aiming his cannon at Skylynx who was trying to look brave. Skylynx noticed her first and gave a happy chirp. The mech started to turn around right as Aileron roared and attacked. She crashed into him and began to lash out with her claws. The mech stumbled backwards and began to fire at her helm. Aileron rushed forward and smashed him against the cliff side. The mech made a fist and slammed it into her optic. Aileron screeched and jumped back. He took the opportunity to rapid fire blasts at her. Aileron snarled as they slammed against her armor.
Suddenly the mech grunted and began smacking his helm. Aileron watched in confusion. Then she caught sight of a familiar triangular helm.
~What are you doing?~ Aileron said shocked.
~No harm Carrier and get away!~ Darksteel cried slashing at the blue mech's helm with his claws. The mech finally got ahold of Darksteel and hurled him away. Aileron lurched forward and caught him with her front pedes. She briefly looked down at the sparkling when the mech came charging at her firing blasts. Aileron spread her wings and took off in a dodge attempt. The mech grabbed her tail last minute. He began shooting at her underbelly. Aileron winched as the blasts smacked into the less armored area. She gave a angry flick of her tail and smacked the mech's faceplate. He grunted and lost his hold on her tail. Darksteel gave a squawk of victory as the mech crashed into the earth. Aileron landed and immediately went to Skylynx. The sparkling croaked and nuzzled her helm. His backside was bruised.
Aileron sharply turned her helm as the red mech bursted from the trees. He aimed his cannons right at Aileron and the sparklings. The she-dragon shielded Darksteel and Skylynx protectively.
"STOP! STOP! STOP!" Primaltone cried running from the cave. The little femme stopped in front of the Predacons and threw her arms out. "Why are you protecting them?" The blue mech groaned sitting up. "Why are you attacking them, Magnus!?" Primaltone said.
"They're Predacons."
"And they're bots just like us, Sideswipe!"
"Yeah right, they're just Megatron's pets." Sideswipe scoffed. All three Predacons snarled at his words. Just then two Seeker jets flew overhead.
::Optimus, we've found Primaltone, but there is Predacon interference.:: Magnus said into his comm. "Neither Ail, Darksteel, or Skylynx is interfering!" Primaltone said.
A ground bridge opened up and Optimus followed by Bumblebee rushed out aiming the weapons. Both seemed surprised to she Primaltone in front of the Predacons. Bumblebee whistled when he saw the damage on Magnus. "What happened?" Optimus said.
"He attacked Skylynx!" Aileron said. Optimus blinked when he saw the two sparklings. "I didn't know there were Predacon sparklings." Bumblebee said. "They're not bad! They're not Decepticons! But they are injured." Primaltone said. Everyone noticed the small pool of energon forming below Aileron from the underbelly wounds. "If you want us dead, then leave. Megatron will do it for you." Aileron said, the adrenaline rush leaving her. Her words seemed to surprise the bots. "I thought you were with Megatron." Sideswipe said. "Not anymore. Megatron is hunting us down." Aileron said.
"Why?"
"Things happened."
"What things." Optimus said. Aileron sighed. "I killed Blackout by accident and Predaking went on a rampage." The she-dragon said. "See! And Ail helped me escape from the Nemesis, at least let Ratchet fix their wounds." Primaltone pleaded. Optimus hummed in thought. "Since you are unharmed, I will allow it." Optimus said earning shocked looks from Magnus and Sideswipe.