Chapter XXII

The tablet lay behind Soundwave's pedes. The silent mech seemed unaware that it was there, but was focusing on the Predacon before him. Aileron snarled and bared her fangs. Soundwave went into a battle stance as a light layer of ice formed on his pedes. He briefly looked down and Aileron charged forward. She let out a roar as the mech sidestepped and dodged. Her claws scrapped against the shimmering floor as the she-dragon whirled around. The tablet was in between the two and this time Soundwave noticed. He sent out his tentacles (?) and she lurched forward. Her fangs caught one and she bit down, hard. Aileron felt a sharp sting to her helm as the other struck her and released. She shook her helm while Soundwave retracted his tentacles. Aileron blinked and quickly gripped the tablet half in her claws. She gave a satisfied snort when suddenly Soundwave rammed into her with his alt mode. Aileron roared as the purple jet propelled her out the other end of the ground bridge.

∆∆∆

"Very clever, Optimus Prime. You destroyed the communications dish, didn't you." Megatron said after hearing only static from his comm. Megatron and Optimus began to circle each other. Both were covered in cuts and scratches. "I see you are even more a fool then I originally thought. I will enjoy hurling the sparkless husks of your pathetic Autobots from the ship's deck." Megatron sneered. "I have great faith in my friends that they will succeed." Optimus said activating his blade and lunging for Megatron. Megatron activated his blade as well and the two mechs clashed together. "Though I have to wonder why. Why invade the Nemesis." Megatron said shoving Optimus back. "Soundwave! Get back to base and see what's going on!" Megatron shouted.
Soundwave was fighting off Arcee and Jazz. The mech knocked the blue femme to the side and nodded. Jazz aimed to tackle him but missed. Soundwave opened up a ground bridge and ran through.
"Ya okay?" Jazz said helping Arcee up. "I'm fine. We should help Optimus with Megatron." Arcee said as Megatron slammed into Optimus. Jazz nodded.
Suddenly a thunderous roar rang out. All four paused and turned to see Soundwave fly out of the ground bridge with a Predacon.
Aileron dropped onto the ground as Soundwave flew upwards. "Jazz, Arcee, go help Aileron." Optimus said resuming his fight with Megatron. Arcee glanced at the Predacon then back at Optimus. "Let's go, Cee." Jazz said. The blue femme narrowed her optics and shook her helm. "I'm helping Optimus." Arcee said sprinting towards Megatron. Jazz sighed at her resentment towards Aileron.

∆∆∆

Aileron's optics narrowed. She began to extend her wings when the sound of pedes reached her audio receptors. She whipped her helm to the side to see Jazz. "Aye Scaley, how ya holdin' up?" Jazz said running over. "I'm fine." Aileron said.
An idea crossed her mind.
"Jazz, take this and tell the others to get back to base. I'll hold Megatron and Soundwave off." Aileron said passing the tablet to Jazz. The silver mech nodded and activated his comm.
Aileron looked up and saw Soundwave circling around. She spred her wings and took off. Having the larger wingspan and more flight experience it would not be hard to catch up. Aileron had been flying since she was barely a youngling and she had escaped a plasma storm once as well.
Aileron gave a satisfied grunted as her jaws closed around Soundwave's wing. The jet lurched about ,but she held on. Aileron didn't notice, however, when a small drone excited the jet.
The she-dragon hissed as several blasts smacked into her back and wings. She lashed out with her tail but the pesky thing dodged. Aileron growled in frustration.

∆∆∆

::Scaley got tha tablet.::
::Roger that, Jazz.:: Ultra Magnus said. He turned back to the team. "Our objective is secured." Magnus said.
::Ratchet, we need a bridge.:: Ironhide commed.
A shimmer vortex appeared seconds later. Sideswipe blasted the helm off a vechion and ran into the bridge. Bumblebee and Ironhide followed. Magnus fired a couple warning shots before jumping through.

∆∆∆

Arcee gave a battle cry and aimed a kick at Megatron's helm. He whirled around and grabbed her pede. Megatron smirked as he gripped her pede and swung her around into Optimus. The Prime's optics widened as the femme slammed into him, causing both to fall. "Forgive me Optimus." Arcee apologized. Megatron laughed and aimed his cannon at the two.
Suddenly the large mech grunted and cursed. Jazz had kicked his helm and was repeatedly shooting at him. "Ah got tha tablet." Jazz said vaulting over Megatron's helm and landing beside Optimus. "How?" Arcee said. Before Jazz could answer a ground bridge opened up behind them.
::Go! I'll hold them off!:: Aileron said through the comm system. Her voice sounded muffled and strained.

∆∆∆

Aileron closed her comm as the three bots ran into the bridge. She growled as Lazerbeak fired at her again. Aileron tightened her jaws around Soundwave's wing and continued to do so until she heard a satisfying crack. She released the jet and watched it spiral down towards the ground. She turned her attention back towards the annoying Lazerbeak. The drone circled around and was coming back. Aileron beat her wings and opened her jaws. She felt cold race up her throat when a blast smacked into her helm. Aileron roared as she was knocked from the air. She angled her wings and leveled out to see Megatron aiming at her. She tilted her helm as a whizzing quickly approached her audio receptors. Aileron whipped her helm around and sent an icey beam towards Lazerbeak. The drone turned but his wing tip was caught. Because of the uneven weight, Lazerbeak began to fall. Aileron gave a little sigh just before she was rammed into by Megatron's alt mode. Aileron roared and dropped slightly. Megatron began to open fire on her. Scrap, I'm getting tired Aileron thought grimly. She angled her wings and quickly elevated. She beat her wings to add speed. Aileron looked below her to see Megatron catching up. She growled and aimed an ice ball at him.
Megatron easily dodged.
Aileron was building up another attack when an explosion of color formed before her. The blue Predacon screeched in surprise. She looked around and saw more colorful explosions. "What the?" Aileron breathed. She looked down and saw Megatron having difficulty avoiding them. She took the chance and contacted the Autobots.
::I need a ground bridge.::
There was a long moment of silence before she received an answer.
::It should be right in front of you.:: Ratchet responded. Just as the medic said, a shinning tunnel appeared. Aileron beat her wings and flew through. The bridge closed just as a blue-green firework exploded.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, SPARKS!

Hope you all liked the bit with the fireworks :) I figured a chapter was more entertaining then an A/N.

Happy Birthday America!
Happy Birthday Dad!