Chapter XXX

Ratchet set the ground bridge to open at the coordinates of the distress signal. To be more precise, the crash site.

The bridge formed and the Autobots surged through. First was Arcee followed by Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Optimus, and finally Aileron.
Ratchet stayed behind to inform the other members when they returned from their respective tasks.
Before the group lay a smoking pod. Evacuation Capsule 13 was stamped in faded Cybertronian letters along the side. The door looked like it had been blown off and was in the mud not to far away. A look of hope formed on Arcee's faceplate as she sprinted through the mud to the pod. "Arcee wait!" Optimus called.
The blue femme ignored him.
"I can understand what she's feeling." Aileron said standing beside Optimus. Side by side, Optimus' helm came up to Aileron's shoulder. The Prime looked up at her. "I can as well."

Arcee climbed into the pod and looked around. Lights flickered overhead. Two seats sat infront of the control panel with a cracked windshield. Behind that was a berth with various wires strewn about. A life support system was firmly welded onto the wall.
Dried energon also stained the floors. "Primus..." Arcee breathed.

"Did you find anything??" Bumblebee called from outside.

"I see signs of a fight. Perhaps a seriously wounded passenger was on board." Arcee called back. Optimus entered and looked around the pod. His optics narrowed. "Have you found the travel log?" Optimus said. Arcee blinked and sat down in one of the chairs. "It should be here." Arcee said as she accessed a panel. A monitor rose out from the dashboard. Arcee did a search and sure enough hundreds of logs appeared.
"They are all right here." Arcee said. Optimus reached over her and selected a more recent log.
A familiar voice filled the pod...

These recordings seem to be the only thing keeping me sane. I gave up trying to keep track of how much time since the Ark's crash.
Elita's condition remains the same. Her spark beats at normal rates and the life support helps her systems.
*sighs*
We've run out of energon. I've had to cut back on my intake since there isn't enough for me, the engine, and Elita. Ratchet will have my aft when he finds out...
I have nothing else to log for now, Chromia logging off.

The log ended with the click of the recording ending. Arcee leaned back in the chair. "Optimus...they were here..." Arcee said. Optimus let out a shakey breath.
A realization accrued in both of their minds.

Where were they now?

Arcee and Optimus hurried out of the pod. "Aileron!" Arcee shouted.
The blue Predacon turn her helm in Arcee's direction. "Yes." Aileron said. "Can you pick up the scents of the passengers from that pod." Arcee said. Aileron moved passed them and stood before the escape pod. "I can smell two femmes. One was recently wounded. There are three other scents here as well." Aileron said. "Three others?" Bulkhead said amazed.
Aileron nodded. "One femme, one neutral in gender, and..." Aileron paused to let out a low growl. "What is it?" Optimus said. "A Decepticon was here." Aileron said. "Who was it? Are the other two Cons as well." Arcee demanded. Aileron raised her helm and narrowed her optics. "No. They have been covered by the elements here, but over there are tracks." Aileron said. The bots turned to she one set of pede prints and two sets of larger, claw marked prints. "They look like yours." Bulkhead said.

::Optimus!::

Ratchet's voice ripped through the comm system.
::What's up doc?:: Bulkhead said.
::You won't believe who just teleported into base.:: Ratchet's voice was smug like he had caught a youngling trying to sneak some energon.

Aileron didn't enter the call, but instead followed the tracks.

::Who is it, Ratchet:: Optimus said.
::Skywarp::
::You're kidding?!::
::Nope, the twins came back shortly after you left and knocked him out cold.:: Ratchet said.
::We have some news for you as well.:: Bumblebee said.
::Tell me.::
::We found an escape pod that Elita and Chromia were in.::
::WHAT!::
::I can confirm that they were here.:: Optimus said.
::Are they with you?:: Ratchet asked.
::No, neither one is here.:: Optimus said.
::Well where are they?::
::We are working on that. I will contact you when we find out.:: Optimus said.
::What do you want me to do with Skywarp?::
::Keep him prisoner.::
::Alright.::
Ratchet ended the call and Optimus looked around. "Where's Aileron?" Optimus asked. "Uh..?" Bulkhead looked around for the large Predacon.

"Hey guys!"
Everyone turned towards the direction of Aileron's voice.
Her blue hide appeared from behind a cluster of rocks. "I found something you will want to see." Aileron said.
The four bots walked towards the area where Aileron stood.
Their optics widened at the sight the rocks hid. "By the Allspark..." Optimus breathed. "A space bridge." Bumblebee said. "And the tracks lead right into it." Arcee said.