Chapter XXXIII

Ratchet was ecstatic when Optimus told him the news. The old medic practically ran around the base shouting it till he found the rest of the team. In the process he woke up Darksteel and Skylynx who were not as overjoyed. It took the younglings' dragonfire to calm Ratchet down.

"I know we all heard Ratchet yell it, but could you explain what's going on in a calmer manner." Sideswipe said. "We found an escape capsule from the Ark that Elita and Chromia were in." Arcee said. Sideswipe sighed. "Look, I know we've-"
"You." Sunstreaker interrupted.
"pulled some pranks on you guys, but this is just cruel." Sideswipe said ignoring his twin's comment. "We are telling the truth." Optimus said. "Then why aren't they with you?" Sunstreaker said. "They weren't in the capsule but-" Arcee started. "But nothing. You should know how cruel this is, C'mon Sunstreaker." Sideswipe said storming out of the room, his twin close behind, glaring at everyone. The group watched them go till they disappeared down a hallway. "We all remember far too well that day." Ironhide said looking back towards Optimus. "Did you really find something?" Ironhide asked in a serious yet hopeful tone. "Yes. We can believe Skywarp attacked them but we also believe outside forces intervened. Aileron confirmed that the unknown subjects were not with Decepticon forces." Optimus said.
"Speaking of Aileron where is she? The younglings would have been in a better mood if she was here." Smokescreen said. "We located the space bridge Elita and Chromia crossed with the unknowns. Aileron is guarding it." Arcee said crossing her arms.

^^^

No. . .
That was her final thought before her consciousness slipped away. The Ark...is destroyed. Those were the words she heard before her spark shattered. Yet the fragments still emitted life from within her spark chamber. She moved her digits trying to determine where she was. The ground was smooth with edges, like it had been cut or carved. Sounds seemed to echo around her and were clear leading her to believe she was in some kind of room. And rooms have an exit.
She opened her optics and scanned the room without turning her helm. It was a large cave. Braziers holding bright flames were mounted in a few spots along the wall.
She tilted her helm slightly and immediately froze. A large creature lay in the center of the room. It's optics were offline which let her relax slightly. From her studies she knew what was before her, a Predacon.
She guessed female by the slightly curved horns. The metal was red with beautiful yellow details. Judging by size, she was a youngling.
'just don't wake her up.' she thought pushing herself up into a sitting position. Her spark dropped when the Predacon's eyes flickered online. "Hey you finally woke up!" the Predacon said. She sat there stunned. No records had ever said they talked. "You okay?" the Predacon said tilting her helm. In the light you could see the yellow was more prominent on her helm. "Who are you." She demanded. The Predacon rolled her optics. "Flare, and I'm fine thanks for asking." Flare said. Flare narrowed her optics in thought. "I think you're called Elita-something." Flare said. "How do you know my name." Elita demanded. Flare glared at her obviously annoyed at her hostility. "The other one mentioned it." Flare said.
"Other one?"
"Yeah, bluish color."
"Where is she!" Elita said activating her cannons.
Well at least she tried to...
She looked down surprised to see some form of crystal substance preventing her weapons from forming. "Ferrum glacies. You won't be armed for awhile." Flare laughed. Elita looked at her confused. "It means 'iron ice'..and ordinary fire won't melt it." Flare said noticing her looking at the braziers. Elita jumped to her pedes planning to make a break for the exit. To her surprise she was thrown back by an electric shock. "What the..." Elita groaned. Her optics landed on Flare. Electricity was buzzing around her neck and helm. "I've got orders, so you ain't leaving." Flare said.
Fantastic, she was stuck with a stubborn one.

I am soooooo terribly sorry about leaving you all for so long. I'm working on my updating schedule. Also this story recently reached over 10k veiws!! Thank you Sparks!!