Chapter XXV

Storm Breaker mixed the two liquids together inside a rock that had been carved into a bowl. One was the liquefied remains of a sleep inducing crystal while the other was a crystal that had numbing effects. He narrowed his red optics as the two substances floated around and eventually combined to make a white-ish substance. The healer gave a satisfactory nod. "This should help with more severe injuries." Storm said taking the bowl in his pede. He carefully moved on the other three to the part of the healing den where several carved basins lined the wall. He approached an empty one and poured in the mixture.
"Uh...Stormy."
The healer groaned at the familiar voice. "What did you do this time, Firelight." Storm Breaker said turning around. Firelight had a nervous grin and his normally lime green helm was pitch black with flecks of azure. "Well...I thought this place was getting a little gloomy so I tried making fireworks by electrocuting energon crystals." Firelight said. "Let me guess, they went off too fast and you were too close." Storm said. The small Predacon nodded and gently opened his wings to show burn marks. Storm walked over to him. "On a range from one to ten how badly does it hurt when I do this." Storm said placing his muzzle against his wing. "TEN!" Firelight screeched as he shifted away from the healer. "Alright take it easy, I'll make the pain stop." Storm Breaker said gently. Firelight nodded. "Now I need you to lay on your back and stretched out your wings to full capacity so I can apply the medicine." Storm Breaker said gesturing to the metal berth an the den floor. The small Predacon walked over to it and flipped onto his back. Firelight stretched out his wings and winched. Storm went back to the basins and sniffed the opening on each one. "Ah, here it is." He said pausing over a red liquid. He grabbed a bowl from the piles stacked around the basins and dipped it into the basin. "This will sting, but only for a moment." Storm Breaker said moving over to stand beside Firelight's left wing. The lime Predacon nodded and clenched his jaw. The healer tipped the bowl and let the liquid pour over the burns. Firelight roared and arched his back. "C'mon, Firelight, you can take this." Storm Breaker said holding the youngling down with his pede. After a moment, Firelight relaxed and let out a breath. "One more wing to go." Storm said gently. "I can do this." Firelight muttered. Storm Break moved over to the small mech's right side. Once again he poured the contents of the bowl onto the burns. Firelight clenched his jaw and again arched his back. After the last drop hit the lime Predacon, Storm stepped back to let Firelight relax. "Thanks, Stormy." Firelight said. "Anything for a friend, but take it easy on these stunts of yours." He said. Storm Breaker thought for a moment. "How did you get past Avalon to reach the energon?" He asked. Firelight smiled. "I got Shadow to use her invisibility." Firelight said wiggling his claws. Storm Breaker quietly chuckled.
"Hey, how's our Leader."
Storm Breaker lowered his helm slightly. "Not too good I'm afraid. With his eyesight withered and his left wing crippled I fear his spark will soon go offline." Storm said. A tear dripped from Firelight's optic. "He was like a Creator to us." Firelight said. "Well he's not offline yet, he may be old but there still some beat in his spark." Storm Breaker said dropping the subject off possible offline. He placed the bowl back among the others. "Now you get some rest and let your wings heal." Storm Breaker said pointing a claw at the younger Predacon. "Yes ,Sir!" Firelight said saluting. Storm Breaker rolled his optics while Firelight giggled. The healer grabbed a clean bowl and filled it with water he had collected from another planet. "And for Primus' sake, clean your faceplate." He said bringing the bowl over to Firelight.