Chapter XII

Predaking slammed a vechion guard against the wall. "Where.Is.Megatron." Predaking snarled. "Sh-Shockwave's laboratory." The vechion said. Predaking released him and started to moved down the corridor.
::Lord Megatron, Predaking is on a rampage-:: The vechion had started talking into his comm. Predaking whirled around and blasted him with fire. Aileron glanced at the charred body before coming up beside Predaking. "You no longer have surprise on your side. Let's get out of here." Aileron said. Predaking shook his helm. "Megatron must pay." He said continuing down towards the lab. Aileron sighed and followed. She couldn't understand his rage. Predaking hadn't known the clones, hadn't grown up with them. Then again, Predaking had someone to blame that was mortal. Aileron couldn't destroy the red star that had caused the insanity and destruction of the Predacons she had known. It must have been different being alone then finding others only to have them ripped away.
Aileron was thrown from her thoughts as a vechion leaped onto her back. The she-dragon snarled and whipped her helm around trying to get the attacker. The pesky vechion avoided her. Aileron growled and wrapped her tail around his waist and flung him from her back. The mech slammed against the wall and collapsed onto the floor.
"Aileron move it!" Predaking shouted. He had gotten farther down the hall. Aileron started moving forward to catch up. Suddenly one of the sparklings dug his claws into her back. "Don't be scared." Aileron said continuing. She heard a screech of protest. Aileron turned her helm a little and saw Skylynx squawking at her with frantic optics. A realization dawned on her. Only Skylynx was on her back. "Darksteel!" Aileron called turning around. She heard a chirp and saw the sparkling was trapped underneath the collapsed vechion she had thrown. "Aileron!" Predaking shouted. "I have to get Darksteel." Aileron called over her shoulder while going back down the hall. "Forget him!" Predaking said. Aileron felt a flare a anger. "No." Aileron said halfway to Darksteel. She heard Predaking curse behind her. Aileron pulled the vechion off Darksteel and the sparkling scurried over to her. He gave a happy click and rubbed his helm against her. She nosed Darksteel onto her back where Skylynx was bobbing up and happy to have his brother back. Aileron turned and looked back down the hall. Predaking was gone. Selfish aft Aileron thought. The sparklings growled in agreement. Aileron blinked.
Had they heard her thoughts?
She shook her helm and focused on escaping. She broke out into a run. She rounded a corner and saw Predaking locked in battle with Megatron. She blinked in shock. Predaking was fighting as a bot not a beast. Could he always do that? She wondered. Either way, Predaking was obviously outmatched in bot form. Megatron had Predaking cornered. Aileron took a step towards the mechs then turned the other way. Predaking had told her to abandon Darksteel thus showing he was only concerned with himself. She made it to the loading doors and found the guards gone. She smacked the control and the door lowered. "Hold on tight. Dig your claws in if you have to." Aileron told the sparklings on her back. Their response was their small claws gripping her metal.
Aileron spread her wings and soared out of the Nemesis. The sparklings gave excited chirps at the view. Aileron chuckled, forgetting for a moment about the Decepticons that would soon be hunting her down. She angled her wings a glided to the left where she had a faint memory of a yellow mech.

∆∆∆

"You better not tell Prime we took you with us." Sideswipe said stepping over a fallen tree. "Don't worry, Creator is in a meeting with... Whoever he's having a meeting with." Primaltone said scrabbling over the log. Sunstreaker gave her a helpful nudge. "Can't blame you for wanting to come. Its not fun being stuck in the Infirmary with Cranky." Sunstreaker said. "You're talking about Ratchet, right?" Primaltone said confused by the nickname. Sunstreaker nodded. "Hopefully we won't run into-get down!" Sideswipe hissed pulling Primaltone over to a cluster of tall trees. He got down and Primaltone followed as something flew overhead. "What is it?" Sunstreaker asked crouching next to them. "Predacon." Sideswipe said. Primaltone peeked around the twins. "Ail!?" Primaltone cried. The twins looked at the youngling with confused expressions.
"Who?"